• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paris terrorist attacks

Phil, I am sure that there are many of the more reasonable posters on here that sincerely sympathise with you and your wife, but there is a huge however......

Thanks for the "at least some".Maybe two at most-but it's far to early to say.

Poland has always been anti-Schengen.

Please don't confuse the terrorist attacks on Paris with

And please don't try and make cheap, politiclal capital out out of what is essentially a humanitarian issue,either.

Shame on you.

I'm currently wating for my disdraught (French) wife to return from Palermo, (Sicily), where she's been comforting our younger daugher,(suffering from pneumonia), who was living in the 11th arrondissment last year,and used to drink and meet friends regulary at the Carillon cafe/bar there.

**** me it's always about you you or your family isn't it. Jeesus H Christ you **** If it's one that's got 'through the net' so to speak through mass European migration then that's one too many that's been able to blow up or potentially blow up an innocent citizen. Why can't you see that you blinkered leftie dimwit.

Let me ask the left leaning blinkered halfwits on here this. If ONE, just ONE Islamist jihadist were to get through our border controls and be let in to this country because of the migration situation and then goes on to murder and maim countless British innocents where would you stand on the migration issue then. Would that be acceptable because of the humanitarian good that's being done to the 99.9% of the others let in?

Don't **** about with a mealy mouthed political spin laden answer like some politician on Question Time. Just give it an honest up front answer.

Thanks for the "at least some".Maybe two at most-but it's far to early to say.

Poland has always been anti-Schengen.

Please don't confuse the terrorist attacks on Paris with

That's such an easy Kipper line.

And please don't try and make cheap, politiclal capital out out of what is essentially a humanitarian issue,either.

Shame on you.

I'm currently wating for my disdraught (French) wife to return from Palermo, (Sicily), where she's been comforting our younger daugher,(suffering from pneumonia), who was living in the 11th arrondissment last year,and used to drink and meet friends regulary at the Carillon cafe/bar there.

This really isn't about you though, is it?

It's about those poor people who were murdered in cold blood, by Islamic extremists some of which used the lack of European border controls and the migrant crisis to cause carnage.

I'm sorry that you can't deal with the facts I have presented, or the warnings that the current refugee situation would be exploited by extremists.

Last edited:
Let me ask the left leaning blinkered halfwits on here this. If ONE, just ONE Islamist jihadist were to get through our border controls and be let in to this country because of the migration situation and then goes on to murder and maim countless British innocents where would you stand on the migration issue then. Would that be acceptable because of the humanitarian good that's being done to the 99.9% of the others let in?

Don't **** about with a mealy mouthed political spin laden answer like some politician on Question Time. Just give it an honest up front answer.

If they managed to get hold of explosives and an assault rifle I'd be pretty upset.

It's fairly unlikely though.

Distraught???? Did she know someone who was killed in the attacks then? Your daughter once had a drink in one of the bars???!! Tasteless attempt to involve your family in something that has nothing to do with you. Dramaqueenery of the highest order.

Last edited:
Two of the madmen were "refugees" who passed through Greece just a few weeks ago !

Utter folly from Mertel giving the green light for the mass invasion.The French authorities had watched one of the attackers,why don't governments stop pussyfooting and arrest every person on their watch list and throw them into jail,who cares about their human rights,the safety of innocent people must come first.

Two of the madmen were "refugees" who passed through Greece just a few weeks ago !

Utter folly from Mertel giving the green light for the mass invasion.The French authorities had watched one of the attackers,why don't governments stop pussyfooting and arrest every person on their watch list and throw them into jail,who cares about their human rights,the safety of innocent people must come first.
Some probably flew in on international flights filled mostly with tourists. Should we stop those too?

I think it's too soon to have any evidence to prove where they came from, one minute there's 1 who came through Greece, then 2, with no real facts or proof.

Rather than try and play the blame game why not just respect the people who have lost their lives and the people grieving, rather than trying to use over 100 peoples deaths to score political points on an online football forum.

Some probably flew in on international flights filled mostly with tourists. Should we stop those too?

I think it's too soon to have any evidence to prove where they came from, one minute there's 1 who came through Greece, then 2, with no real facts or proof.

Rather than try and play the blame game why not just respect the people who have lost their lives and the people grieving, rather than trying to use over 100 peoples deaths to score political points on an online football forum.

Shame you felt the need to twist my post to suit your agenda.

Distraught???? Did she know someone who was killed in the attacks then? Your daughter once had a drink in one of the bars???!! Tasteless attempt to involve your family in something that has nothing to do with you. Dramaqueenery of the highest order.

In that case you'll also have to have a word with my sister in law. Do you remember the 17 year old who ploughed into a group of kids in Thorpe Bay a few years back? Well that left her needing a prescription of sleeping pills even though my niece (her daughter) wasn't there, and only older siblings of my niece's friends were.

You'll also have to have a word with me because I was messed up after terrorist attack in Tel Aviv when I heard and saw nothing, but was actually out having a meal at the time. The attack was at a place I had been to in the past.

People are affected in many ways. You don't have the right to tell people if they're right or wrong.

Anyway, please not take this any further, this should be one thread that isn't diverted.

Shame you felt the need to twist my post to suit your agenda.
Agenda? I don't have one, and would have said the same to anyone from either side of the argument, yours just happened to be the most recent post. The political consequences will obviously be debated, but it still seems too soon to be getting involved in arguments over that just yet when the facts are unclear and people are grieving. I'm sure we'll hear both sides of the argument from the best informed people there are once the facts are clear, then people can make their judgements.

And what about the innocent people you want to lock up?

In that case you'll also have to have a word with my sister in law. Do you remember the 17 year old who ploughed into a group of kids in Thorpe Bay a few years back? Well that left her needing a prescription of sleeping pills even though my niece (her daughter) wasn't there, and only older siblings of my niece's friends were.

You'll also have to have a word with me because I was messed up after terrorist attack in Tel Aviv when I heard and saw nothing, but was actually out having a meal at the time. The attack was at a place I had been to in the past.

People are affected in many ways. You don't have the right to tell people if they're right or wrong.

Anyway, please not take this any further, this should be one thread that isn't diverted.

Yes, we are going to have to agree to disagree as I still think it's nothing more than self obsession to crowbar yourself into a situation that actually has nothing whatsoever to do with you. Totally disrespectful to those who have good reason to be "distraught".....

I lived in Bahrain in 2011 with my family during the uprising here when people were literally getting shot at the bottom of my road. We all felt a lot of things as did our families back home who were worried but I would hope that none of them came on here pretending that they were involved in any of it, any more than I would have come on here crowing about it.

Let's move on.....

And what about the innocent people you want to lock up?

Every terrorist attack in this country,France and USA the suspects were known to the authorities.MI5 even tried to recruit the murderers of Lee Rigby,London bombers were all known,Charlie Ebdo they were all known,Apparantly the 9/11 mob were all known..anyone on the watch list are probably on that list for a reason.

To be fair, the poster who was being addressed has something of a track record of making practically every subject about him or his family. It's hard to see where fiction ends and fact begins.. Maybe being more humble in life might attract more sympathy....

If they managed to get hold of explosives and an assault rifle I'd be pretty upset.

From Syria, through Greece and on to here. Getting hold of a semi automatic firearm or home made explosives really isn't that difficult if your a part of an underground terrorist organization sent here as a part of the migration exodus. It clearly has happened in Paris and that's just 230 miles away.

And the security guard who stopped a bomber entering the Stade de France preventing carnage, and somehow escaped injury when the vest was detonated was a Muslim, your point is what exactly.

Every terrorist attack in this country,France and USA the suspects were known to the authorities.MI5 even tried to recruit the murderers of Lee Rigby,London bombers were all known,Charlie Ebdo they were all known,Apparantly the 9/11 mob were all known..anyone on the watch list are probably on that list for a reason.

Its the price of democracy, the alternative is to arrest everyone, as a potential threat, who sympathises with a different viewpoint and that inevitably ends democratic rule. Terrorists will always get through at some point, somewhere.

If only that was the case. The Kalashnikov AK 47's are already here, the ammunition has also been successfully smuggled into our country, as have the people trained to use the weapons.

You lot should save your squabbles and pathetic attempts to jump on the grief band wagon until London has had its attack. We have no where near the capability of the French in Paris when it comes to an armed response. The death toll will be higher in London. Sad thing is we have been sleep walking into this situation for the past 25 years and every one of us will have in some way blood on our hands.

Back