• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parkin £50000

is this the stock who couldn't take a corner in the first half?! hit it straight at maher on both occassions?! pah, i wouldn't spend £1m on him!

Lets elaborate a bit on the Parkin story having now bought the Echo.

The actual quote is as follows:

"Southend have been made aware what Parkin could do for them," said a source.
"Parkin is scoring goals and in great shape. He has already started attracting interest from clubs in his own division, but he is looking a lot leaner and he could handle stepping up to the next level."

This to me is pure agent talk; his agent has seen that we are after a striker and has made Tilly aware of his current form and attributes, including the fact that he's lost some weight since Southend did the double over Macclesfield last season.

Bearing in m ind that having a professional big bloke like Drewe made Blues too one dimensional (Tillys view) I cannot see why we would now go for another one who's only real benefit is being big.

Goater has touches of other class in his passing and link up play, so brings more to the party. Parkin would be a waste of money and if he didn't score very, very quickly would receive the same treatement meted out to Graham Jones, of that I am sure.

I much rather have someone in the shape of Agogo personally.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Jan. 06 2006,12:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Jan. 06 2006,12:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 06 2006,12:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Jan. 06 2006,12:01)]We are not going to get Hayter. Of the 72 league clubs 72 are looking for a forward! There are limited forwards available. Basic economics tells us that the price will be high, which puts us out of the game. Even if we could afford the fee we couldn't offer the salary or oppotunites of many of our rivals. This is without factoring in the fact that Bournemouth don't have to sell.

January transfer windows only favour the big clubs and the sellers. Whilst we may be top of the league we aren't in a position to compete so don't expect us to
Disagree about Bournemouth not having to sell, I think you may find they do. As stated previously Hayter is out of contract in the summer and I will wager they will not risk him going for nothing.

Whether he comes to us or not he will move in January.
Yeah but as I said elsewhere yesterday, so is Brian Stock & they (allegedly) turned down Megson's bid to sign him for Forest & stated it would take at least £1m to get him!
O'Driscoll, the manager, stated it would take £1m to land Stock, who is younger and more naturally talented than Hayter and is a naturally pacy winger who are just as sought after as strikers today...

The point made is, whereas the manager may have expectations for the player, if a substantial bid around the 500k marker was made the Bournemouth board would more than likely be forced to accept... In no stretch of the imagination is it a good sign of financial health when a club is forced to sell its ground in a lease back scheme to survive as a business, we of all people should know that.
Hayter would I'm sure be cheaper than Stock as he's on a Bosman next summer whereas Stock is under 24. To answer someone else's question below no Hayter isn't the Bournemouth striker who scored 3 in 6 mins....he's the striker who scored 3 in TWO MINS 37 SECONDS!!! This is almost certainly a record that will NEVER be broken in League football. If he is available at the right price I'd love for us to go for someone of his quality, it would put Swansea's signing of Knight in perspective as Hayter is by some distance a much better player.

As fopr Parkin - OH GOD PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Jan. 06 2006,13:26)]To answer someone else's question below no Hayter isn't the Bournemouth striker who scored 3 in 6 mins....he's the striker who scored 3 in TWO MINS 37 SECONDS!!! This is almost certainly a record that will NEVER be broken in League football. If he is available at the right price I'd love for us to go for someone of his quality, it would put Swansea's signing of Knight in perspective as Hayter is by some distance a much better player.
I knew I was roughly right...
tounge.gif

I for one would rather have Parkin, who can score goals and pay a lot less than a certain JCR would cost us. Scoring 20 odd goals last season in great in my book, remember we were in that division last season.

Right, I'm going to stick my neck out and go against most of you.
oops.gif

I'd like to see Parkin sign. Yes he's a big bloke, and no I've not been a fan of us having a big bloke because I'm still convinced we play far too much air ball with Goater in the side now, but Parkin would add a lot to us. He'd give us a physical presence, which is something we sadly lack and getting away from that he's decent on the ground as well. He got 26 goals last season lets not forget, and a fair few were good goals. He's got 6 in 8 this season as well. Doesn't anybody remember the problems he caused us at Roots Hall last season? Within the early stages he beat 2 players before cracking a fierce shot off the bar from 25 yards. He's a useful player and we could do a lot worse. People need to get away from the pre conceived judgements because of his stature.

Yes, I'd rather see Agogo or Holt, but Holt is way out of our price range and we had our chance for Agogo and left it too late.

The boy's got a fair amount of class about his football but his attitude seems to leave a lot to be desired. If Tilly could sort his attitude out then he'd be worth every penny but it seems like too much of an ask even for Sir Steve.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 06 2006,18:49)]Doesn't anybody remember the problems he caused us at Roots Hall last season? Within the early stages he beat 2 players before cracking a fierce shot off the bar from 25 yards.
Not to mention that he looked like the only genuine threat when we were away at Macc. In fact, he hit the post with a sweetly hit free kick before Morley tucked in the rebound for their goal.

I'd like to sign him. Someone compared him to Graeme Jones & Drewe, but Parkin is more than just a big bloke in that he actually scores goals. Freddy has scored a lot of his goals this season when he's been alongside The Goat who was pushing the defence back, putting it about a bit and creating space for Eastwood to play. If Goater comes back from injury and plays like he did at the start of the season then brilliant, but if it looks like he's not going to get that fitness back,then we could do a lot worse than getting Parkin in as his replacement.

Saw a geezer i know who's a wycombe fan last night and said that Parkin was brilliant against them last week. I think we should sign the big man.

Back