• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Essex told him he had to use the West Stand Toilets

Saw him coming down from South Upper at the end of last game......shame if this is the case as I enjoy his take on things.

I agree I quite like some of his commentary but I have heard (through whispers) BBC Essex are wanting to rotate people and not have the same each week

Paul Clark is the best by a mile. Total knowledge of the game. Great at describing what just happened and has the best one liners to make you laugh. Glenn Pennyfather is next, with Adrian Clarke a long way behind in third. In my opinion.

Yep, spot on.

Clarky is a different class and sadly missed.

Clarky talks so much sense, IMO. Seems to have an excellent knowledge of the game. Would love to see SUFC involve him in the club in some way.

Paul Clarke probs run out of negative things to say after we string a few wins together. Personally find him monotonous and negative.

It isn't the co-commentators that make me reach for the 'off' switch. It is the lead commentators. Dreadful.

Paul Clarke probs run out of negative things to say after we string a few wins together. Personally find him monotonous and negative.
I found him very fair and very honest, if players or the team were crap he said so, if they were great he said so. I didn't find him negative for the sake of it. For me he was brilliant and definitely missed, I understood what was happening far more when he is commentating on away games

His commentating contained more sense in one game than the entire collection of PB's post match interviews? Clarky talks at a level the average fan understands and gives insight into the professional game. He not only tells it like it is but also explains the intention and what should or should not have been done at given moments. Negative is a not a word I recognise with his commentating.

Well written okar ,wots happened 2 him ,shall we set up a protest ?��

Yes quite agree.
I like listening to him on the way home from the game, he is very honest with his comments.
If we played Shiite he will tell us on the radio that we played Shiite and then tell us the reason why.
I for one would like him back.

It isn't the co-commentators that make me reach for the 'off' switch. It is the lead commentators. Dreadful.

Oh my goodness, Neil Kelly, who is the guy who does Colchester's games is awful! He asks the same question in three or four different ways each game and is so far up whoever the manager is's rear end it's untrue! Nick Alliker is so much better than him!

Back