• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Hayes

He'd be a great signing for us if we could get him.

Sorry for this but I hate generic statements like this. What does he bring to the table that would make him a great signing. Where does he play on the park, is he an out and out goal scorer or does he make runs from deep?

I need a bit more info really.

Sorry for this but I hate generic statements like this. What does he bring to the table that would make him a great signing. Where does he play on the park, is he an out and out goal scorer or does he make runs from deep?

I was waiting to see if anyone was going to post this information before I replied in this thread, but you've asked what I was going to ask, so thanks....;)

I was waiting to see if anyone was going to post this information before I replied in this thread, but you've asked what I was going to ask, so thanks....;)

Tall, but only average in the air. At his best when the ball is played into his feet (possibly why he hasn't fitted in to Barnsley's long ball style). Makes good runs, but is only similar pace to Freddy. And doesn't play 90mins with his back to goal... This is what I've heard from Barnsley, Scunthorpe fans. Anyone heard anything else about him??

Tilly and Brush in we admit we ****ed up shocker

T&B admit that letting Beno go was a huge mistake, I think they may have been on the Zone, we all knew that.

Back to the issue, I would not mind Hayes here!

and we also need a midfielder as we have just three of them at the moment."

Is this just an Echo typo and he means Centre mids, or is there something we dont know regarding someone on the off?

T&B admit that letting Beno go was a huge mistake, I think they may have been on the Zone, we all knew that.

Back to the issue, I would not mind Hayes here!

..and of course we are all perfect here aren't we? None of us suffer from 20/20 hindsight, and nobody has ever made a mistake.

and we also need a midfielder as we have just three of them at the moment."

Is this just an Echo typo and he means Centre mids, or is there something we dont know regarding someone on the off?

i think it's because maher and gower are injured at the moment, so we just have macca, jcr and the moose

I think we need two new centre mids, a creative one, and another versatile midfielder who can play anywhere across the middle. Andy Robinson is my pick. It's great to see Brushy really trying to get everyone positive again by admitting mistakes and saying how he wants to put it right. Top work.

Apart from people have already put on here, he's a local lad who scored 20 goals for Scunthorpe 2 seasons ago.

There's a good article in him here

Apart from people have already put on here, he's a local lad who scored 20 goals for Scunthorpe 2 seasons ago.

There's a good article in him here

Interesting article especially the paragraph about him being loaned to Huddersfield with a view to a permanent move in the summer!!

T&B admit that letting Beno go was a huge mistake

"There is no point looking back and regretting things though because there were games last season when Mark Bentley would have done a good job for us too"

Not quite the same thing. They admit that he may have done a good job in some games, that's not to say they believe he'd have made a huge difference throughout the season.

I wouldn't be against Hayes coming here at all. We could do far worse and he'd be a step up from Foran and Harrold, not that its difficult I know.......... :p

I had a dream about him coming here last night.......

Most of my dreams come true as well. ;)

Back