• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peggy Lokando

Plus the players from the 1st team who have gone for not having their face fit. eg Foran, Husbands, Macdonald, Hooper and Michael Kightly. Not mention Ricketts and Leon Clarke (we don't know what happend behind the scenes with these two, too much of a coincidence for me). And why was not Joyce played in goal when Bart was injured instead of bringing in a loan keeper?

Think you mean Steve not Bart ;)

Because Joyce is a young goalkeeper and didn't have the experience necessary to jump straight into the 1st spot. And with only having Masters as his back up well we just needed someone to cover our no.1 goalkeepers spot!

I did feel sorry for Joyce when we brought in Fed to begin with, but Fed is a class keeper and was a privilege to have him play for Southend.

Joyce is young and i'm sure his chance will come.

Not mention Ricketts and Leon Clarke (we don't know what happend behind the scenes with these two, too much of a coincidence for me).

hmmn, not sure you need any inside knowledge to see ricketts was the cause for his issues, hence he has moved around since dropping divisions and settled at Walsall.

Anyone who saw Leon Clarkes last game comments on his poor attitude, and we were all made aware of it before he even kicked a ball.

We hardly had two model pros and it was the baggage they had that allowed us to get them in....

Plus the players from the 1st team who have gone for not having their face fit. eg Foran, Husbands, Macdonald, Hooper and Michael Kightly. Not mention Ricketts and Leon Clarke (we don't know what happend behind the scenes with these two, too much of a coincidence for me). And why was not Joyce played in goal when Bart was injured instead of bringing in a loan keeper?
Everyone loves a conspiracy theory.

In all honesty, Foran left because of (possibly) something behind the scenes, MacDonald left to simply not taking his chances and looking like scoring goals. Hooper also left because he didn't score anywhere near enough with us, and we had a very tempting offer, one that I'm still glad we accepted, although I'm probably in the minority. Kightly wasn't up to league football so we released him, a mistake yeah, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, hardly because 'his face didn't fit'.

Ricketts and Clarke were both bad eggs, but I guess we should let them ruin the harmony off the field. Joyce simply isn't good enough, I'm not 100% sure why he's here, but I'm sure he knows his role and accepts it. Who would honestly turn down the brilliance of Feds?

Back