• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
although we showed enough tonight to suggest we should be able to get past boro in the second leg, its a long time since blues fans have had to endure a penalty shoot out, and unfortunately i can see mr westley doing his best to create another scrappy match

although we showed enough tonight to suggest we should be able to get past boro in the second leg, its a long time since blues fans have had to endure a penalty shoot out, and unfortunately i can see mr westley doing his best to create another scrappy match

Last pen shoot out was against Oxford in JPT and before that Bury in the FA Cup on that freezing cold night both in 2012/13 season. We have never had many penalty shoot outs in our history I can only think of about 5.

Last pen shoot out was against Oxford in JPT and before that Bury in the FA Cup on that freezing cold night both in 2012/13 season. We have never had many penalty shoot outs in our history I can only think of about 5.

Won both with Bentley in goal. Hopefully that's a good omen if the tie gets that far.

No matter how good your keeper is or your striker it's still very much a lottery although Alan shearer use to blast it top corner every time he was superb at that

Macclesfield at home in the FA cup a few years back, their 34 fans were in the east stand blues right next to us.

I don't think it will go to pens .If we get into them from the start and keep there goal scorer quite we should win the home leg . It is not going to be easy by any means .But unlike Burton last season we have the away goal to carry forward so we wont have to chase the game .

No thanks. Don't think I could take watching it.

Col U away in LDV about 9 years ago was a good penalty shoot out.

I wouldn't want a penalty shootout as a fan, but scientifically they are far from a lottery if you do your homework.

That was one of my worst nights as a football fan. It was so cold before the full time whistle I didn't care who scored just wanted it to be over. I couldn't feel my feet or hands by the end of it but glad we won the penalties.

It better not go to penalties, with the last train home for us at 11pm and all. Still think the times for these matches are ridiculous.

I think there are some on here who believe that Stevenage at home is going to be a walk in the park. Anyone of that belief should check Stevenage's recent form..........apart from Luton on the last day (IIRC they fielded a weakened side), they haven't lost away from home since February the 7th. I thought PB was doing a bit of gamesmenship when he said there will be no favourites on Thursday but now I don't think so. I reckon it's gonna be very tough and very tight. I certainly wouldn't rule out a cruel penalty shoot out...........my heart (even with my cardiologist giving it a clean bill of health) would prefer not. :smile:

I think there are some on here who believe that Stevenage at home is going to be a walk in the park. Anyone of that belief should check Stevenage's recent form..........apart from Luton on the last day (IIRC they fielded a weakened side), they haven't lost away from home since February the 7th. I thought PB was doing a bit of gamesmenship when he said there will be no favourites on Thursday but now I don't think so. I reckon it's gonna be very tough and very tight. I certainly wouldn't rule out a cruel penalty shoot out...........my heart (even with my cardiologist giving it a clean bill of health) would prefer not. :smile:

Absolutely. Thursday certainly won't be easy, that said though we have to be favourites IMHO simply due to the fact that Bentley hasn't conceded at home since October. If we can get the first goal in the 2nd leg then I really fancy us, but it definitely won't be a cake-walk.

It better not go to penalties, with the last train home for us at 11pm and all. Still think the times for these matches are ridiculous.

You should consider driving. I have almost as long drive home as you. It's actually much more convenient than the train.

Back