• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a clue. As long as the team show the same endeavour as last Saturday I will be happy. Win , lose or draw.

I'd take a draw right now and move on.

The next two games are very tough fixtures. Wigan at home will be a very tough match. 1 point in each would not be a disaster but 3 points or more from the 2 matches would be fantastic.

Fwiw. Id keep the same side that started against Scunny and bring on our new players against tiring legs.

Oxley
Demitriou Turner White Coker
McLaughlin ? ? Kightly
Cox ?

A bit of a cop out, and I'm not even going to attempt the bench. As for the score, I'm going for a score draw. Nothing like being precise and decisive is there?:unsure:

I can't see many changes from the start -v- Scunny, if any. So, as boring as it is i'd reckon on;

Oxley

Demitriou Turner White Coker
McLaughlin Yearwood Timlin Kightly
Cox MAF

The only change may be bringing in Mantom for Yearwood, which would be a bit unfair on Dru, given his last performance but we need a bit more experience going into what will be a tough game.

Subs: Bexton, Kyprianou, Ferdinand, Mantom, McGlashan, Lapado, and either Wabo or Harrison.

Yep, I can't see SCP changing the side, but he does now have a few more options on the bench.

Am a little concerned about pace at the back, with Marriott and Maddison upfront for them and they like to knock it in the channels early.

I’d go for:

Oxley
Demetriou White Turner Coker
McLaughlin Yearwood Mantom Kightly
Ladapo Cox

Bench: Bishop, Anton, Timlin, Wabo, Kyprianou, Harrison, McGlashan

2-0 Southend :thumbsup:

Have we signed a full back called Cox then. I must of missed that. :dim:

The Posh lineup is impressive to say the least. They have just signed Omar Bogle on loan from Cardiff, Grant who has been excellent for them, Jack Marriott up front and Maddison on the wing. Any p*****g about in the box like there was on Saturday and we'll be in trouble.

Their defence is much better than ours also.

Getting anything out of this will take some effort.

I don't think we'll change the starting line up from last week

All the new boys on the bench and hopefully Josh Wright back among the subs too

The Posh lineup is impressive to say the least. They have just signed Omar Bogle on loan from Cardiff, Grant who has been excellent for them, Jack Marriott up front and Maddison on the wing. Any p*****g about in the box like there was on Saturday and we'll be in trouble.

Their defence is much better than ours also.

Getting anything out of this will take some effort.

This. Adding Bogle is a good loan signing and reminds me why I dislike the loan system so much. :sad:

I’d go for:

Oxley
Demetriou White Turner Coker
McLaughlin Yearwood Mantom Kightly
Ladapo Cox

Bench: Bishop, Anton, Timlin, Wabo, Kyprianou, Harrison, McGlashan

2-0 Southend :thumbsup:

Can’t see Powell dropping MAF from his squad entirely, especially as he played really well on Saturday?

I’d also doubt if Mantom will start, he’s apparently on his way back from injury and again Michael Timlin played well on Saturday too. I reckon we’ll be unchanged but just have a stronger bench than last week.

Oxley
Demetriou Turner white Coker
Macca mantom yearwood kigh
............cox lapodo

Timlin still giving ball away too much for me
Fresh strength and pace up top is exactly what this team needs

2 days is not enough time to get the new players used to how we play, I expect we'll be sticking to the same team Saturday and then look into bringing them in for the next match.

I think I'd be unchanged.

The new players will hardly have trained with the team and will probably be best eased into action off the bench.

Subs
Smith/Bishop
Kyprianou
Mantom
McGlashan
Ladapo
Harrison
Bwomono/Klass

Ultimately I'd expect Mantom to replace Timlin and Lapado to replace Fortune, who is better suited these days to a role off the bench. That midfield still looks open, so maybe Timlin or Wright once he's fit will play left/right, particularly away from home.

2 days is not enough time to get the new players used to how we play, I expect we'll be sticking to the same team Saturday and then look into bringing them in for the next match.

We have only played one game under Powell, so all the players will be getting used to playing a different way

I think Powell is fairly simple in terms of tactics.
Wing play-off overlapping full backs-crosses into the box. Keep it in the deck mainly with a midfielder pressing forward more than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back