• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Petition Here....

150. And it's been like that for some time. Looks like the boys have binned the idea in favour of a campaign for news about Fossetts Farm. Wise decision. The North Bank one was a non-runner from the start ...

WS

Indeed Mike,
with the situation standing or seating what about the idea that we use that method I think they have in Germany where the seats can be unpacked from the floor to make the end seated or we could ask the club to make the stand a terrace and create a fund within the trust should we require it to become seated, so that the money will be there if needed best of both worlds!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 15 2005,19:15)]Any club that harbours dreams of playing in the Premier$hite must have an all-seater stadium ~ a standing area would either have to be closed IF the club reached that land of milk and money or the club would have to finance its conversion to all-seater. Obviously neither option would be acceptable to the club and I go along with this.
Premier$hite..?..mm i think a standing section would be safe for a few years yet then.. and should the club reach those lofty height im sure a few bob could be found to put the required seats in .. dont you get 3 years to make the required changes anyway? should the unthinkable happen then its likely that would be 2 years too long.. if the club want a 'fortress' atmosphere then they need a covered terrace behind one of the goals for home fans .. bearing in mind that that may come with some rude hand gestures to opposition fans and players, smokeing and swearing..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 16 2005,02:42)]Indeed Mike,
with the situation standing or seating what about the idea that we use that method I think they have in Germany where the seats can be unpacked from the floor to make the end seated or we could ask the club to make the stand a terrace and create a fund within the trust should we require it to become seated, so that the money will be there if needed best of both worlds!
You mean these :

FLA Report : Kombi Seating

Once again, I did pass this information on to the club but I think think the prohibitive cost might put them off. Still, no harm trying again.

Suggestion : why doesn't someone contact the club again and ask whether they would entertain the idea of a standing section? Then take the campaign from there ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,08:10)]Premier$hite..?..mm i think a standing section would be safe for a few years yet then..  and should the club reach those lofty height im sure a few bob could be found to put the required seats in .. dont you get 3 years to make the required changes anyway?  
But the club see that as "lack of ambition" ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 16 2005,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 16 2005,02:42)]Indeed Mike,
You mean these :

FLA Report : Kombi Seating

Once again, I did pass this information on to the club but I think think the prohibitive cost might put them off. Still, no harm trying again.

Suggestion : why doesn't someone contact the club again and ask whether they would entertain the idea of a standing section? Then take the campaign from there ...

WS
Maybe we should walk before we run.

What's happening about our nice new stadium? Let alone whether there will be terracing, all seater etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 16 2005,09:00)]Maybe we should walk before we run.

What's happening about our nice new stadium? Let alone whether there will be terracing, all seater etc.
Yep. I'll sign THAT petition!!

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 16 2005,08:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,08:10)]Premier$hite..?..mm i think a standing section would be safe for a few years yet then..  and should the club reach those lofty height im sure a few bob could be found to put the required seats in .. dont you get 3 years to make the required changes anyway?  
But the club see that as "lack of ambition" ...

WS
heheh.. i see it as losing a firm grip on reality..
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,08:10)]-- should the unthinkable happen then its likely that would be 2 years too long.
--a 'fortress' atmosphere
Yep, then when we go up and lose our fortress atmosphere (and my name is vindicated and becomes pointless) we're utterly screwed as we have to stick a load of shiny seats down!!!!

Back