• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown confirms Southend United's interest in John-Joe O'Toole

Would be a very good signing but will be hard to get him here by the sound of it.All we can do is try and see what happens.

Am I the only one who would like us to stop going for Colchester players. Bit embarrassing to be honest.

Why? If they are good enough then I dont care.

Think of it this way if it helps - they'd rather be here, than there!!

Gillingham are 'interested' in bloody everyone! and I'd be very happy if we could get O'Toole on board.

does it matter where he comes from if he is a good player that help our cause try and get him . But I thought our squad size was only meant to be 18 because of the embargo and FA rules .And we have reached that plus if Timlin signs we will be one over that number .

I think we have established everyone is thoroughly clueless about the real situation and what we can or can't do- hence I wouldn't believe anything you here on what we see.
would be an excellent signing- maybe one worth putting the boat out a little for- but let's see

does it matter where he comes from if he is a good player that help our cause try and get him . But I thought our squad size was only meant to be 18 because of the embargo and FA rules .And we have reached that plus if Timlin signs we will be one over that number .

We have 18 first team players?

We can sign a match day squad now when under embargo according to the Football League.

That doesnt mean we stop looking to add to the squad though, we can sign them as and when the embargo is lifted.

Really doesn't bother me that he's from Col Ewe, if we signed him it would be a quality signing, he was class for Bristol in this league last season.

Joe Dunne seemingly inviting bids for O'Toole. Says he knows Rovers and Southend have spoke about wanting him and they know where 'we' are.

C'mon Phil, open Ronnies big wallet and splash the cash that we are so overflowing with!

The deranged fool thinks someone will pay actual money to them....
they will need to cancel contract by mutual consent so he can move for nothing or may be a nominal fee- or his long wait for a bid may continue for a long time yet..

to many decent players still available on a free which is why L1 and L2 clubs aren't really paying fees of any size for anyone

Isn't he just doing what any manager would do? Paper talk is cheap, but it sounds like nobody has been in contact with the people that matter.

Back