• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown: Relax, signings are coming

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has urged Shrimpers supporters not to panic at the lack of summer signings.

More...

Agreed, pretty much every fan of another club I speak too, their message boards are filled with the same doom and gloom merchants panicking about their club being the only club that isn't signings anyone / slow out the blocks / etc etc.

If I was in charge I'd be questioning the value of the trip to Spain if it wasn't important that we got the new signings in time for it.

If I was in charge I'd be questioning the value of the trip to Spain if it wasn't important that we got the new signings in time for it.

Thank God your not as you would of sacked the manager who got us promoted.

Phil is having Spain withdrawal symptoms, he hasn't been there for at least a week.

Off to Spain !

Woop Woop happy days

Is there enough players going:winking:

I can't be arsed to scan last year's threads about this time, but this thread seems incredibly similar to ones back then. The good thing is that if the season follows the patterns of last years threads, then we will end up at Wembley in the play-offs again. That would be nice.

Phils talking of a few arriving in the next 6 days. That normally means 3. Exciting times !. lets hope better picks than the previous season when the few arrived . that was the all new guarenteed striking power of those goal merchants Barnard , Coulthirst and Weston

Weston was only signed because Straker decided not to sign a new one year deal and went to York on a 2 year option, Weston was a replacement to the squad, rather than an addition and we moved reallly quickly to sign him once Straker had made his decision to go. So I didn't count him as being brought in to strengthen the squad, as if Straker had stayed we wouldn't have signed weston.

Although I am happier with Weston in the squad than Straker, moving up to L1.

Back