• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whilst we don't expect everyone to agree with every post, I thought the whole point of a forum is that we can place thoughts, views etc without too much meddling or belittlement. I raised a question about the available managerial posts and linked it to Phil, simply asking should we be concerned? It got moved.....but perhaps in the light of CP's tweets it could be brought back into Shrimpers ChitChat? If posters don't like this sort of "will he/won't he" postings you don't have to read them, or comment on them.......but that is the joy of a forum....sometimes the posts are considered rubbish by others....that's ok...isn't it?

I am trying to save your time, and stop posters spreading unnecessary rumours. Once again I will tell you from a top source that PB is staying to the end of the season at least....possibly longer. At the end of the season, he may well be off. I will let you know at the time. I have been telling posters on here he is staying when each new rumour starts. I have been right about 12 times so far, but seem to be wasting my breath on some people. Why would I be right about all those other clubs, including some very big clubs that you wouldn't blame Phil for leaving to manage, and be wrong about Rotherham?
The other thing is it's not helpful, as a few of the players read these posts. It's only natural to go to training in the morning and tell the other players that some posters are saying that our Manager is being linked with Rotherham and Derby this week

Phil's off to anyone who will have him. He said that now Southend have a major football hooligan problem he wants out.

Whilst we don't expect everyone to agree with every post, I thought the whole point of a forum is that we can place thoughts, views etc without too much meddling or belittlement. I raised a question about the available managerial posts and linked it to Phil, simply asking should we be concerned? It got moved.....but perhaps in the light of CP's tweets it could be brought back into Shrimpers ChitChat? If posters don't like this sort of "will he/won't he" postings you don't have to read them, or comment on them.......but that is the joy of a forum....sometimes the posts are considered rubbish by others....that's ok...isn't it?
You're on a roll aren't you, not exactly endearing yourself to other users of the zone in the last 24-48 hours. I notice you've taken the **** out of someone on another thread tonight for a spelling mistake. To cap it all you have the cheek to spout off about domestic violence being the root of all evil on other threads yet you come across as a rude, ignorant bully, you couldn't make it up.

I dont know why im bothering, im only wasting my own breath (or typing in this case) but here goes anyway.

Everyone has an opinion. Thats just leave it at that. you dont have to respond or goad each other into another response.

One of the many... many.. lessons that my late father taught me in life,.... the best advice he gave was "the best response is no response". It will only annoy the crap out of the agresser.

Can we all now get back to factual things, such as current injury issues, & pre match threads on the Scunthorpe match in only 3 and a half days time.

Sorry no goer, IMO the chance of winning back to back promotions v saving a championship club from relegation, which looks better on your managerial CV ?

You're on a roll aren't you, not exactly endearing yourself to other users of the zone in the last 24-48 hours. I notice you've taken the **** out of someone on another thread tonight for a spelling mistake. To cap it all you have the cheek to spout off about domestic violence being the root of all evil on other threads yet you come across as a rude, ignorant bully, you couldn't make it up.

Sorry OOA, but I've cant see anything that has been posted that makes gpd rude, ignorant or a bully. You and he have certainly had very different points of view over the last few days, but that's about the extent of it as far as I can see.

What we thinking chaps? Anyone got "inside info" from their sauces? Or is this just another pointless, typical shrimperzone thread that will have at least 30 pages?

Chris Phillips has said there is one or two whispers about this but Ron Martin has said no approach has been made as of yet.
The only inside info from my sauces is that I sometimes prefer brown to tomato ketchup!
Apple sauce is usually good with roast pork but horseradish sauce is a good addition to roast beef!
Finally, I am the source of my sauces information:winking:

Mods, would it not be possible to have a section on here called Rumours, this way any one that wants to post, a friend told me etc can post on there and when it becomes true be moved to open forum

These whispers do seem to fill a lot of time, and I agree if you donot want to read them, ignore them , however we have sub sections for IT issues, betting, politics

UTS

I noticed that Phillips later tweeted that he had asked Brown himself about said rumour. PB also replied that he was not aware of any approach. The Echo man did emphasise that the same whisper came from 'two or three very well connected people'.

Brown: "It is true clubs have been sniffing around me this week but we're doing well and my focus is on Southend and Saturday's game."

Lots of clubs have been sniffing around for Phil Brown from the moment he got Southend to Wembley last year. Some asked RM about his availability, from what I am told. Ron obviously has said 'Not available'.

This is to be expected. However, with the team doing well & a new contract & having done 3 years already, I think given his past experiences, he will be very careful. RM is loyal to managers generally (for any other faults this isn't one of them) so PB has at the moment a good degree of job security, a team he built knocking on the Championship door and (in plans at least) some exciting developments off the field.

To walk away would need an opportunity worth the risk and I very much doubt Rotherham or Barnsley would fall into that category. Some of the bigger clubs like Leeds, Fulham, Derby unfortunately have the habit of taking people on giving them a few months and firing them- at what point that looks attractive I don't know.

I think PB wants another big club (can't blame him for that) however I also think he has the time to choose carefully as it will probably be his last chance if he goes.

RM has been clever enough to get him on a long term contract beginning of this season and I have no doubt for the moment he will tell other clubs to go away...

What we thinking chaps? Anyone got "inside info" from their sauces? Or is this just another pointless, typical shrimperzone thread that will have at least 30 pages?

Chris Phillips has said there is one or two whispers about this but Ron Martin has said no approach has been made as of yet.

I've heard nothing, and my sauces include HP and Ketchup. They're usually very reliable, especially with sausages.

We have a really good three months ahead of us and PB and others at the club have worked hard to get us in this position. With the squad we have I believe we will be back at Wembley in May. If that's the case then PB will get offers this summer from at least a top Championship club. A three year deal would be in the £millions.

Obviously the last thing PB will do is ruin that opportunity he has created for himself by going to of all places .....Rotherham.

Back