• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aberdeen Shrimper

Pick of the Day 12-05-08

There is of course the Dirty cheating Leeds scum on if you want to watch them get tonked...if not.........

BEST DOCUMENTARY: The Duke: A Portrait Of Prince Philip (ITV1, 9pm)

He’s famous for being the husband of the Queen of England and for always putting his foot in it, but what really makes Prince Philip tick?

We watch him on State visits, hobnobbing with us mere mortals, and get a rare viewing of his home videos.

BEST DRAMA: Waking The Dead (BBC1, 9pm)

The bodies in this drama have never been bumped off in a simple fashion.

Tonight, the team go down a mine after a corpse is found in an old tunnel – not popular with Boyd.

Paul Merton in China: (Ch 5, 9pm)

The comedian begins a tour of Shanghai with a ride on the fastest train in the world - the engine that travels on the $1.2billion rail link from the city's airport - before playing his first game of golf with Rupert Hoogewerf, author of China's Rich List. Paul meets matchmaking parents at the People's Park and visits a strange re-creation of Britain called Thames Town. Last in series SUB

The Gadget Show ( Ch 5, 8pm)

Suzi Perry and Jason Bradbury take to the road to try out the latest high-end road-racing bikes. Jon Bentley tests digital cameras at the European Snowballing Championships in Finland, and the team examine radio-controlled cars - including a full-sized Hummer SUB

Stephen Fry and the Gutenberg Press (BBC4, 10pm)

Stephen Fry examines the story behind the first media entrepreneur, printing press inventor Johann Gutenberg, to find out why he did it and how, a story which involves both historical enquiry and hands-on craft and technology. Fry travels across Europe to find out how Gutenberg kept his development work secret, about the role of avaricious investors and unscrupulous competitors and why Gutenberg's approach started a cultural revolution. He then sets about building a copy of Gutenberg's press.

Last edited:
Dave, they all look absolute toilet. Thank god for my Sky+d Lost and a pile of ironing :(

yeah to be quite honest... tonight is rubbish for telly. that Paul Merton is China is a repeat... think I'll watch some Mighty Boosh and read a book

Whoooooooossssssshhhh, I don't get it?

Cheers Dave, should be a good meeting that. Better than Leeds v Carlisle anyway.

Mmmm, let me think. Have you ever got your setting Sky+ programme records up remotely by text to work?

NO....

Won't The Pirates leapfrog the Eagles in the table if they repeat their April Victory??

any other "TV Guru" questions?

Will My So Called Life, the wonderful teenage angst programme which brought us the delightful Claire Danes, ever return, and if not why not?

There was a similar programme to this in the early 90s on teatime itv called S.W.A.L.K., anybody remember it?

There was a similar programme to this in the early 90s on teatime itv called S.W.A.L.K., anybody remember it?

I seem to remember it was about a schoolgirl who read those teen magazines and fantasized she was in the stories. I think it was shown around 1982-84.

I seem to remember it was about a schoolgirl who read those teen magazines and fantasized she was in the stories. I think it was shown around 1982-84.

Must have been later than that, it was defo after Julia Sawahla was in Press Gang, hence why I said early 90s.

Plotline rings a bell though!

Must have been later than that, it was defo after Julia Sawahla was in Press Gang, hence why I said early 90s.

Plotline rings a bell though!

Didn't Prunella Scales play the magazine Agony Aunt?

Is The swalk we are talking about the 1982 Channel 4 series starring Nicola Cowper and Prunella Scales as a young girl who lives her life through photo-story magazines??

Back