• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One thing to bear in mine is that if we were to make the playoffs, unlikely as it is, then absolutely no one will fancy playing us

Id be very happy with 4 wins from the remaining 15 games to give us the magical relegation avoiding 52 points, I assume this will be Sir Cps first thoughts and target, or 12 draws will do it:smile:

Play-offs are a pipe dream, it won't happen. We'd need 11 wins from our last 15 games. I just want us to finish this season as strongly as we can, and then let CP have a full pre-season, and then we can have a proper go next season.

I prefer to look at is as starting to steer away from a relegation dogfight with no time for complacency given many are playing for contracts as well. See where we are at the end of Feb. Tbh I’d rather be playing Wigan than Bury, history tells Us as much

I prefer to look at is as starting to steer away from a relegation dogfight with no time for complacency given many are playing for contracts as well. See where we are at the end of Feb. Tbh I’d rather be playing Wigan than Bury, history tells Us as much

Yeah I agree.

In theory, we aren't 9 points off the possibility of the play off's!.

We are actually 15 points away (if Charlton win their 2 games in hand over the opposition).

I say we have no chance. (that's 5 games winning against other sides + goal difference.).

I think, SCP will guide us to safety, but not promotion.

IF we win against Bury and Portsmouth then I will believe that with some 10 games to go we would have to make up 5 or 6 points, which is doable. Lose either or both and it is just about staying in the division. We will stay up and next year we can have a real go.

My brother put £20 on us to finish in the top six at 66-1 before yesterday's match. He's smiling this morning......

We have beaten the 4th placed, 8th placed and now leaders of the division. We can only beat what's put in front of us. We just keep going and if it happens it happens. If it doesn't, we avoid relegation and go on a promotion charge next season

Yep. We are going to win every game that's left to play.
We will make the play offs.
We will win the the qualifying rounds and go to Wembley.
We will then win the play off final 2-0 and get promoted to the championship.
We will then start the new season in our new ground.
How is this possible, because
In Chrissy Powell we trust.
**** YER.
You PESSIMIST ! We’ll win the Play-off Final 3-0!

We have beaten the 4th placed, 8th placed and now leaders of the division. We can only beat what's put in front of us. We just keep going and if it happens it happens. If it doesn't, we avoid relegation and go on a promotion charge next season

Spot on...

I don’t think you can bet against any team if they go on a storming run from now until the end of the season. I think there’s a lot of room for manoeuvre up there too at the moment as Bradford are dropping like a stone

Play offs are HIGHLY unlikely - but never say never.

More importantly, how long will the SCP bounce last? We know this team thrives on confidence and, sadly, the reverse is true. A couple of defeats could put us on the skids again as Southend United become Southend Untied, so get the four wins required to avoid relegation first and then see where we are. I predict a top ten finish.

Bury, Portsmouth and Oldham are all going through patches of poor form at the moment so SHOULD be ripe for the taking. A six match winning run would really be great.

We are riding the crest of the new-manager optimism wave, which won't last forever. Let's get to safety first which in itself will be an achievement when you think how it was looking a few weeks back. I'll settle for mid-table mediocrity this year with a stress-free final half dozen or so games, then let SCP build his own squad & have a proper go next year. Who knows we might (yeah I know..) have had the final go ahead for the stadium by then & things could be truly on the up.

Doing a barnsley?

At times you have to forgive me on here as, at my age, time passes so quickly,one can easily get confused. As it was yesterday, when I cited the case of Barnsley 'last season', making a surge from a low position to the play-offs and eventual promotion. Checking back, of course, it was the 2015/16 season.............yet it doesn't make the comparisons less useful...........and there are (will be???) similarities.
In that season from the tenth game, they lost eight on the trot (sounds nearly familiar?). I don't know whether it was a change of manager but suddenly their ship was stabalized and from the end of the year they went on to a series of seven wins on the trot. From a lowly position and 24 points from 23 games, they moved to 45 points from 31 games (we now have 40 points from 31 games). To get to an eventual 74 points and a play-off position (of course, we don't know how many points will be required this season), their last fifteen games ended up W8 D5 L2. That looks an extremely tall order for us to replicate (even improve on) but as SCP states, you can only look at things a game at a time.
Indeed the next one should be an interesting pointer. Not many of us would have ventured the idea of 9 points from the last three, seemingly 'difficult' games. Bury on Tuesday will be a completely different kettle of fish. Many of us will firmly and dangerously (?) believe, after the last three results, that we will brush them aside fairly easily. Yet, they, (scrapping for their League One survival) also have a new sense of belief and after having been beaten by nearly everyone, have suddenly gone four games undefeated (with two wins).
The task of getting to the play-offs may well look unlikely, even with SCP at the helm...........perhaps we shouldn't wish for too much? At least the horrible fear of relegation has suddenly disappeared, like the snow that was covering my garden yesterday! Spring is not that far away............and 'hope springs eternal!'

No. Is not just about us playing like Champions. We also need a few other clubs to not play like Play-Off contenders.
Next season.. Automatic.

Barnsley finished that season with 74 points. Their last 24 games they won 16 drew 5 and lost 3.

Whilst 74 points is a good average for 6th place, in 2009/10 the 6th placed side got 80 points.

There's probably only 6th place left as the top 5 are well away. It ain't going to happen -I think we are too far behind and one more injury would finish us. If only we had dumped Brown earlier.

Never say never but lets get to the 50 plus mark first will see where that takes us.Finish the season on a high.

Who would have thought a few games ago you would say that we would beat Scunny PeteBoro and Wigan anything is possible you have to believe.:happy:

Barnsley finished that season with 74 points. Their last 24 games they won 16 drew 5 and lost 3.

Only lost one home game in that run.

Now, who could that have been against?! :winking:

Will know better after this week. Win the next two and I'll feel a bit more confident.

Currently, Bradford are on course to finish with 70 points, Charlton with 72, Portsmouth with 68, Peterborough with 67. Those are the teams most likely to challenge, we're one pace for 59 points. So there's a bit of a gap but, a good run could change that.

I reckon we'll fall 5-6 points short and regret not sacking Brown earlier.

Back