• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The only exciting thing he did was turn that Chelsea player and leave him for dead. Nobody ever knew what Laurent was going to do, mainly because he didn't know either

He had one absolutely superb game v Leeds.He ran them ragged.in all other games he was mostly clueless.

How about Jean Francois Christophe, he didnt do much other than that over head kick at Peterborough, which won our goal of the season in 1999.
Well he must deserve some credit for getting goal of the season at the age of 12:winking: In all seriousness I thought he was good for us sometimes but at other times awful, which probably goes to show why he hasn't really done much since leaving. Another memory of him that sticks out is when Nicky Bailey got him sent off :angry:

Two that spring to mind were Damon Searle (never got over the half way line) and Peter Clarke (those wonderful last ditch challenges were usually him trying to rectify his initial slip. Completely out of his depth in the championship. He was bullied by most centre forwards and ended up ball watching rather than watching where his man
was).

I agree with you and have never rated him. He got better but after yesterday's display I think he would be better suited in league two.

Presumably you mean National League 2,where he could choose between North and South divisions.At that level there is quite a few slow,one-footed central defenders with poor distribution.

The only exciting thing he did was turn that Chelsea player and leave him for dead. Nobody ever knew what Laurent was going to do, mainly because he didn't know either

Were you at Stockport when he ripped them to pieces and scored two, I think?

I am going to be quite unkind now ................

Luke Prosser - an average defender who plays with commitment and puts in plenty of effort but not quite sure why people rate him so much .................

The marmite man in our current squad, some bang on and on about his shouting and endeavour AS if that makes him a footballer, where as others (especially opposition coaches) see his limitations.
AND there a few who rate Mooney as a "striker".
Both destined for League 2 or the Conference, hopefully not taking us with them.

Two that spring to mind were Damon Searle (never got over the half way line) and Peter Clarke (those wonderful last ditch challenges were usually him trying to rectify his initial slip. Completely out of his depth in the championship. He was bullied by most centre forwards and ended up ball watching rather than watching where his man
was).

Searle must have scored that cracker v Brentford from our half then

Were you at Stockport when he ripped them to pieces and scored two, I think?

Think your minds playing tricks, I couldn't remember him ever scoring 2 away and having checked the records the only scorers at Stockport during Laurent's time were Revell (we lost 3-1) and Barnard (2-0 win).

At the time I quite liked him, but with hindsight he was made for the cliche 'flatters to deceive'. The 2 games I remember when he was undoubtably good were the aforementioned Leeds game and Hartlepool at home the following season, in the first half at least he was electric.

Think your minds playing tricks, I couldn't remember him ever scoring 2 away and having checked the records the only scorers at Stockport during Laurent's time were Revell (we lost 3-1) and Barnard (2-0 win).

At the time I quite liked him, but with hindsight he was made for the cliche 'flatters to deceive'. The 2 games I remember when he was undoubtably good were the aforementioned Leeds game and Hartlepool at home the following season, in the first half at least he was electric.

I was at that game and he was absolutely amazing that day, everything came off. I thought he would go on to stardom. Sadly that never happened.

All players have strengths and weaknesses. Just because someone is good at kicking, it doesn't mean they can direct a header. With Laurent, he had fantastic trickery on the ball but he couldn't kick it in the right direction... Except on that day in Stockport (and vs Leeds)

I could have sworn he scored, oh well, it's the one we won, which was also one where our trainer at the time made an arse of himself getting out of the dug out and fell over, featuring on Soccer AM's Third Eye and causing much hilarity!

Back