• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've had a question from a Plymouth fan wanting to know any interesting nicknames for Southend players past or present.

Not sure why he wants to know but anyway it might make an interesting thread, so over to you .......

I've had a question from a Plymouth fan wanting to know any interesting nicknames for Southend players past or present.

Not sure why he wants to know but anyway it might make an interesting thread, so over to you .......

I did once hear a Southend fan call Phil Dudley 'Fiddly Diddly' but sadly this never caught on.

Phil Gridelet aka God

From his Barnsley days when he was their record signing and everyone knew he was there but no-one ever saw him.

I think Phil Gridelet's was "You're ****". Presumably a cockney rhyming slang type of thing.

My son said he heared Shane Westley call Frank Lampard , Pratt .

Mark Hall - Four Foot F**k Hall nickname and an accurate discription
Piggy Stead
King Billy
We called Kevin O Callaghan Dead on arrival
Garry Nelson was Precious.
Other than King Billy , these were limited to a small group of us

Are these nicknames that the fans call them, or between themselves?

If so, I imagine Simon Cox is called......wait for it.....

Coxy. :facepalm:

Steve "Inchy" Phillips
Merv "The Swerve" Cawston
Derek "Brylcreem Boy" Woodley
Alan "The Flying Pig" Foggon
Dave "Giraffe Neck" Young

Oxley is Oxleyie
Smith is Smithie
White is Whiteie
Ferdinand is Ferdinandie
Hendrie is Hendrieie
Demtriou is Demetriouie
Keirnen is Keirnenie
Lenoard is Leonardie
Timlin is Timlinie
Kightly is Kightlyie
Yearwood is Yearwoodie
Wordsworth is Wordsworthie
Cox is Coxie
Fortune is Fortunie

Etc etc. Football players are not very bright are they :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Merv "The swerve" Cawston that brings back memories from the 80's

Remember Paul Clarke having the nickname "The Viking" when sported the beard and covered in mud on a cold winters mid week game

Or maybe it was then girlfriend fantasy dream :smile:

UTS

If MAF's isn't Cookie then I want to know why....of course that could be entirely racist (it's a minefield) so I'd let them off. :smile:

Ryan Leonard = Spock.

Back