• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
So we have had Ferdinand, Hall and now Sawyer sign contracts/extensions.

If we are in such a bad state, players not getting paid on time again etc etc, why are players signing contracts/extensions. Is it really as bad as we are led to believe?

The 3 players that have signed are a good calibre I feel and could get contracts at any L2 club and a host of L1 clubs.

What has made them decide to sign on the dotted line?

Last edited:
hypnotize-someone1.jpg

Repeat after me, money is evil...money is evil...

If we are in such a bad state, players not getting paid on time again etc etc, why are players signing contracts/extensions. Is it really as bad as we are led to believe?

The 3 players that have signed are a good calibre I feel and could get contracts at any L2 club and a host of L1 clubs.

the pink away shirt:smile:

can only be good news though:happy:

I would say probably Sturrock Snr...good manager, played the game at the highest level. All are good young players who can only benefit from playing regular football and he should be able to bring them along to the next level...and that's a win-win for Southend while they are here and obviously potentially when they leave (££££'s).

If this is the case then I would say we had some "real" footballers on your hands...could be wrong of course ;)

No one from the club leads us to believe anything bad mate. People choose to disbelieve whatever is said (perhaps understandably) and draw their own conclusions.

Back