• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Points lost through conceding last minute goals

Billy Bests boot laces

President⭐⭐
Thats 5 so far this season, 1 at Brighton, 2 at Gillingham, and 2 on saturday. They say what goes around comes around so hopefully before the season ends this will even itself out. Admittingly in the last 2 seasons we have scored a handful of times at the death to salvage apoint or three but this one i can only recall it hapening once, as Bristol Rovers.

Gower scored in the 94th at home to Swindon to get three points as well. Last minute goals are part and parcel of football; you win some, you lose some. Saturday's was sickening however.

It shouldn't be a surprise - in the dying minutes teams get more desperate and go more root 1 and we just haven't got the defence and keeper to cope with that style of football.

Yep, nor do we have the strikers to hold the ball up or run it into the corners in the last 10 mins or so.

Soccer-stats used to have all this info nicely to hand but it looks like a) they've been taken over by Footymad and b) they've become really ****. Shame.

On the plus side F365 tells me that there's only two teams in the division who have conceded 4 or more goals than us on more than three occasions.

One of them is Bournemouth and the other, well, I'm sure our East End friends can tell you.

Yep, nor do we have the strikers to hold the ball up or run it into the corners in the last 10 mins or so.

Perhaps thats what Revell was ment to do when Tilly stuck him out on the wing for the last 15, only the rest of them forgot he was there so never gave him the ball just hoofed it as far up the field as they could.

Thats 5 so far this season, 1 at Brighton, 2 at Gillingham, and 2 on saturday. They say what goes around comes around so hopefully before the season ends this will even itself out. Admittingly in the last 2 seasons we have scored a handful of times at the death to salvage apoint or three but this one i can only recall it hapening once, as Bristol Rovers.
Preston away last year is a good example, but I realise you said this season. I can't think of any last minute goals to have gone our way except he aforementioned Gower goal, this season.

I'll take a 95th minute winner at home to Forest, and a 93rd minute draw at home to Swansea personally :p

F365 does a pts gained 1st half and 2nd half analysis - we're 5th in 1st half table but only 13th in 2nd half

Back