• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I believe it is 90 days before anything can happen as that is the time allowed for parties to dispute the councils decision.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yep I'm sure this was mentioned at the last meeting. There has to be a 90 day period for any parties to lodge an appeal.

Yep I'm sure this was mentioned at the last meeting. There has to be a 90 day period for any parties to lodge an appeal.

I'm sure I read the owner of the Royals shopping centre may dispute the decision as this would take shoppers away from there centre.

I have a message for the owner.. GO F*CK YOURSELF!

We need this stadium and it's been in the pipeline for so long I wonder if I will ever see us playing in it! And I'm only 19!

Interesting to see what the Royals do. Earlier didn't mean Ron had to pay the money now but for a sake of a much needed boost from him directly it'll be nice for him to say I have it, ready and waiting. But of course he's not in a position to do that is he. And I suspect that'll be the case after the cut off point and an appeal hasn't come about. Unless once again someone gives him the money.

I wonder if the development at the airport had to pay the council any money. The shops there must also take people away from the high street.
If the Royals want to attract more people they should stop charging for parking.

Sent: 12 April 2013 10:00
To: Ron Martin
Subject: New Stadium

Ron,

Can you please tell me when we can expect some kind of statement regarding Wednesday’s meeting with the council? I’m not quite sure what the delay can be? Is there something wrong? Can we expect work to begin shortly at FF?

Please advise?

Many Thanks and Regards
Steven Hurren

-------------------------
From: Steve Kavanagh [mailto:Steve.Kavanagh@southend-united.co.uk]
Sent: 12 April 2013 11:59
To: Steven Hurren
Subject: FW: New Stadium

Dear Steven

Further to your email to Ron Martin below, which has been forwarded to me.

The match day programme tomorrow will contain a statement by the Club but for your information the generality is agreed but there are ongoing discussion relating to the detail.

I hope you appreciate the meeting was only Wednesday and we are talking about a million pound project.

Kind regards
Steve

----------------------
What a joke repy!

Answer given- There will be a statment in the Match day proramme tommorow.

What better answer than a direct one like that did you want?

Just for the record, the agreement was for £1m from the start of construction, not upfront now. The purpose of the agreement is to counteract the loss to the high street. As the project hasn't yet started, there is no loss to the high street and therefore the payment is not upfront, now, it is once a digger enters FF.

Interesting to see what the Royals do. Earlier didn't mean Ron had to pay the money now but for a sake of a much needed boost from him directly it'll be nice for him to say I have it, ready and waiting. But of course he's not in a position to do that is he. And I suspect that'll be the case after the cut off point and an appeal hasn't come about. Unless once again someone gives him the money.

Not really interested what the royals do, Judicial review you have to get by a high court judge first just like the airport compainers tried and failed to do waste of time . I could always stop shopping in the royals wouldnt want to spend my cash and help to pay for a review. anyway who are you the front for?

Answer given- There will be a statment in the Match day proramme tommorow.

What better answer than a direct one like that did you want?

Yeah but that statement has obviously been issued especially for people to buy a programme. As they have deliberately held it up for the programme there can't be much to say! Who wants to pay £3 for it either?

Just for the record, the agreement was for £1m from the start of construction, not upfront now. The purpose of the agreement is to counteract the loss to the high street. As the project hasn't yet started, there is no loss to the high street and therefore the payment is not upfront, now, it is once a digger enters FF.

Surely there is no loss to the high st to counteract until they start trading at FF? Therefore if the payment is due when the diggers start that constitutes an up front payment!

That's what I understood but furthermore all the staged payments, with the exception of the last one which relates to the fourth stand, seemed to be with respect to the retail development. The £1m quoted in the Echo as an 'upfront' payment was reported as 'prior to commencement of work on the retail park' elsewhere.

As the S106 refers to contributing funds to the TCC then only the retail aspect of the development is really of any bearing. As I read it the three sided stadium build and the subsequent RH development by Sainsbury could, in theory, happen without the FF retail development commencing and any payments falling due; of course, as that's where Ron's payoff is coming from then that's the stumbling block for him. I think he will now see more pressure from Sainsbury than he has to date; in may well come to put up or shut up time for Ron very soon.

I am just sick to the back teeth about reading about the whole thing if I am honest.
If it is not the stadium then it is a pending court case for unpaid taxes.

Only RM knows what RM is going to do (and I would like to tell him what he should do :smile:) and his ego at times is so big (I have heard this is a little man thing - so perhaps others can enlighten me) he portrays that he is above most people, and certainly in my view feels that most people are below him so, until he really shows his hand and the spades go in the ground at FF I for one will not be holding my breath

Good old little miss tinks Fully agree. Precisely why I've been saying till i'm blue in the face that Little Ron must go to make way for people who are bigger and not fake. Sadly if there are others semi interested they may not be interested enough. Till then therewill not be much progress and morale amongst all staff will remain at a low level. I'd love to go in there in some sort of capacity if only to boost morale but others who could go in with new ideas will only be prejudiced against . Brian Wheeler for example from a commercial perspective. As aside issue are you anything like that little logo figure you have knitting away?? if so you are ageing before time girl he he.

Tinlks is your other half a member at david Lloyds? The guy I've spoken too a few times said his missus posts on here and not sure if he said tinks or tinkebelle or something like that. If it your Hubby I think he talks crap. So that green you awared me with may end up in the bin.

Surely there is no loss to the high st to counteract until they start trading at FF? Therefore if the payment is due when the diggers start that constitutes an up front payment!

Correct, I wasn't debating the meaning of what the Echo meant by 'up-front', I just know it is easy to read that as a payment due now. Which it isn't. I just thought it was worth pointing out.

Tinlks is your other half a member at david Lloyds? The guy I've spoken too a few times said his missus posts on here and not sure if he said tinks or tinkebelle or something like that. If it your Hubby I think he talks crap. So that green you awared me with may end up in the bin.

I find some of your comment regarding my husband in the above post extremley insulting and disrespectful. He may at times talk crap (and I should know as I have been married to the bloke for years) but to put that onto a public forum like this is unacceptable. Whether he talks crap or not his passion for the team and SUFC can never be questioned and like this forum people may not necessarily agree with others views but, then if we did what a boring world we would live in.

Not able to be there today, can some one let me know what Ron said in the programme just the start by date will do.:winking:

Sorry, meant to put please

Not able to be there today, can some one let me know what Ron said in the programme just the start by date will do.:winking:

Sorry, meant to put please

Nothing of any substance to be fair. Just what has already been said here on the board.
States that there are a couple of issues to iron out and then full steam ahead. He said in the programe that he did not antcipate the conditions attached to the council decisions to be a serious impredicament and that now he can tie up any loose ends - and that was it really.
said he will keep the supporters informed through the club's website during the close season

I find some of your comment regarding my husband in the above post extremley insulting and disrespectful. He may at times talk crap (and I should know as I have been married to the bloke for years) but to put that onto a public forum like this is unacceptable. Whether he talks crap or not his passion for the team and SUFC can never be questioned and like this forum people may not necessarily agree with others views but, then if we did what a boring world we would live in.

Tinks I wasn't in any way being serious. I was playing about. He is a nice guy and we speak well about the Blues. I apologise for what I said but I meant it in humour which I know can be hard to fathom iwhen we're not face to face. As said I didn't mean it with any seriousness at all.

Tinks I wasn't in any way being serious. I was playing about. He is a nice guy and we speak well about the Blues. I apologise for what I said but I meant it in humour which I know can be hard to fathom iwhen we're not face to face. As said I didn't mean it with any seriousness at all.

Fair enough. Apology accepted x

Back