• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the potential for a pitch invasion on Saturday IF WE GET PROMOTED.

As a dad with young children i am not a huge fan, not because im a kill joy, but just that at the end of the game i would rather be able to celebrate with the players and for my kids to be able to see them, rather than wait ages for the players to reappear. I know that its become a common thing recently, but just wondering what other people thought. Thinking back to Swansea away, the last time we gained promotion it was great that the players could celebrate together on the pitch first before celebrating in front of us.

Last edited:
If we get promoted a pitch invasion is almost a certainty. It's the traditional way of celebrating and is part of football. If I was you, I would hang back, let the pitch invasion happen, and then watch from the sidelines and enjoy, or take your kids on after the invasion has taken place and stay on the outskirts where it's not so mad.

[video=youtube;3w_zuoZce-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w_zuoZce-g[/video]

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the potential for a pitch invasion on Saturday.

As a dad with young children i am not a huge fan, not because im a kill joy, but just that at the end of the game i would rather be able to celebrate with the players and for my kids to be able to see them, rather than wait ages for the players to reappear. I know that its become a common thing recently, but just wondering what other people thought. Thinking back to Swansea away, the last time we gained promotion it was great that the players could celebrate together on the pitch first before celebrating in front of us.
As a Dad you should put kid on your shoulders, best memories as a kid are made of occasions like this and they end up with the best view. Morecambes main stand is manificent for a background to photos of you and kid celebrating promotion:smile:

Jeez it's a bit early for threads like this. Let's just focus on getting the game won.

Sorry nerves are starting to kick in!

If it was away fans at Roots Hall how would we feel? We've seen the likes of Torquay get promoted at Roots Hall in recent memories and had their fans invaded the pitch and stopped our players from being able to do their end of season lap of honour people on here would have been rightly livid about it.

As we are away, I'd suggest a pitch invasion is not a good idea... Back at Roots Hall yes, but the home players should have their own opportunity to do a lap and thank their fans..

If I (or any visitors to the site) was/were anything to do with Morecambe, Bury or Wycombe this thread would certainly be going viral. Somebody, please.

Like it or not if we do the business, then with 2,400 Shrimpers there on 3 sides of the ground, a pitch invasion is inevitable.

If it was away fans at Roots Hall how would we feel? We've seen the likes of Torquay get promoted at Roots Hall in recent memories and had their fans invaded the pitch and stopped our players from being able to do their end of season lap of honour people on here would have been rightly livid about it.
Let Morecambe lap the pitch with us, wouldn't bother me, they are friendly natives:smile:

Agree with this. As for the comment of put them on my shoulders, a bit difficult with two and also i have an extremely bad back, just being able to get there and stand for 90 minutes will be an achievement. I agree also with the comment that it is a bit premature, but my gut feeling is that we will win. Just a thought thats all.

Also felt a bit for Cheltenham last week, Shrewsbury got promoted and invaded the pitch, Cheltenham got relegated, talk about mixed emotions.

Shrewsbury did a pitch invasion away to Cheltenham the other day, I don't see why it would be a problem IF we get promoted on Saturday.

If we do win and if it does happen, just go with the flow, enjoy the celebrations in whatever form they take.

Its nice to have the team able to come celebrate, but with such large numbers you cant control what happens so dont let it get in the way of your celebrations.

I do think this is a bit premature though :unsure:

If we do win and if it does happen, just go with the flow, enjoy the celebrations in whatever form they take.

Its nice to have the team able to come celebrate, but with such large numbers you cant control what happens so dont let it get in the way of your celebrations.

I do think this is a bit premature though :unsure:

Lets worry about getting there first. IF WE HAPPEN to draw, and I think we all agree Bury will turn over a demolished Tranny, there will deffo be no celebrating. Morecambe for any number of reasons are not gonna roll over (or maybe until our first goal goes in, I hope).

Indeed, its not a foregone conclusion by any means.

If we do get the result we need Im not sure Id care who celebrates how to be honest.

As clearly some on here think i have been premature with this thread, not intended in any way, i have changed the opening paragraph to the thread.

I'd like to think if we invaded the pitch we would let the Morecambe faithful (both of them��) and their players celebrate their season.

Could we not be sensible and speak to someone to cordon off one half of the pitch at final whistle for each set of fans. We all know and Morcambe fans all know that there would not be any trouble but that's not the way the OB would see it.

First we need to win the game ! Or not and rely on miracles

Alternatively with the score at 1-1 in the 89th minute the Morecambe fans decide is an opportune time to invade the pitch on the last game of the season. The ref, unable to control this, decides to hell with the 4 minutes of injury time and decides enough is enough. For the last 10 years or so I have hated pitch invasions.........

i think as we are in 3 different stands would be nearly impossible to stop any pitch invasion. Lets just get the win and worry about that if/when it happens

Back