• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Prep work begins....

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Don't know if anyone else has driven down Fossetts Way lately, but it seems as though prep work has begun on the stadium site...

All the tree's and shrubbery bar one (protected?) Oak tree, have been removed and the only thing left standing, is said tree and an old cow shed!!

It's a big old area that has been cleared, but still plenty more to go I think.

Good to see Ron is on the ball though and look's as though foundation work will be ready to begin, as soon as the green light is given from Government.

Will try and get a picture up over the weekend, unless anyone else beats me to it....

It's happening people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Ron is on the ball though and look's as though foundation work will be ready to begin, as soon as the green light is given from Government.

Will try and get a picture up over the weekend, unless anyone else beats me to it....

It's happening people!

I would guess that RM is carrying out work that could ordinarily be done without planning permission so that he can make an immediate start after the formal permission is granted in July. This is good news and would appear to show an intent to get on with things quickly in the summer.

As promised, a few snaps of the FF site this morning...

A view towards Fossetts Way, Crematorium on the left

A view towards the main entrance to the stadium, Boots & laces on the right

My boy standing on my estimate of where the center circle will be!

Another view from my estimate of the center circle!

A view from afar

Last edited:
Id rather be fat and ugly, than old and ugly.

I have time on my side, where as you John, do not.

I swear I saw you loading your trolley at Hadleigh Morissons with bumper packs of tena lady and oil of olay, on Saturday?

Happens to us all eventually mate, no need to be embarrased by it...

Don't know if anyone else has driven down Fossetts Way lately, but it seems as though prep work has begun on the stadium site...

All the tree's and shrubbery bar one (protected?) Oak tree, have been removed and the only thing left standing, is said tree and an old cow shed!!

We want....

... A SHRUBBERY!!

PR stunt if this strip of land we cant buy remains with the current owners we will have to redesign said area and go through another planning application nothing doing for a while

No chance this is prep work...I'm sorry, but no Client would take such a high risk at starting work when planning permission remains highly conditional.

Perhaps the club are going to grow a new grass pitch, as I gather Cov Ewe could do with one for the start of the new season. ;)

No chance this is prep work...I'm sorry, but no Client would take such a high risk at starting work when planning permission remains highly conditional.

didn't oxford get into a lot of trouble for starting building work before everthing had been ok'd at the Kassam. then of course they run out of money half way through as well.

Some things that need to be remembered BEFORE building work can start.

Taken from the planning permission.

1.1 Replacement training pitches to be provided to the reasonable satisfaction of the LPA before development of the new Stadium.

1.4 Neither the A1 retail units, nor any of the residential flats, shall be commenced until the practical completion of the Stadium.

1.13 The first 100 linear metres at either end of the main spine road shall be constructed to base course level prior to the commencement of any other development, and all vehicles entering and leaving the site thereafter shall use these access points.

1.22 The Developer shall pay the costs of a full survey and field evaluation of archaeological remains across the entire site.

2.18 Decontamination surveys to be carried out, results and appropriate mitigation measures to be submitted prior to commencement.

2.43 Vegetation clearance shall take place outside of the bird breeding season.

2.44 Prior to the removal of the mature Horse Chestnut tree, a bat survey shall be undertaken, submitted and mitigation measures carried out.

2.45 Bat boxes to be provided, if required.

I believe what we are currently seeing on the site, is inline with the above.

Back