• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

So the alleged crimes of sexual assault aren't enough for some of you? What's that I hear, that women don't matter? No wonder you're so pro-Trump.

1) alledged being the key word. What happened to innocent until proven guilty, which if I'm not mistaken, is very much an humanitarian ideology

2) Even If said accusations were true, he still wouldn't be on par with the stone age, barbaric ideologies that are currently in place, in Saudi Arabia.

Why were you (and the rest of the people enraged by Trump's visit) not advocating throwing bottles at the Saudi representative when he visited? Or do the women of Saudi not matter?

1) alledged being the key word. What happened to innocent until proven guilty, which if I'm not mistaken, is very much an humanitarian ideology

2) Even If said accusations were true, he still wouldn't be on par with the stone age, barbaric ideologies that are currently in place, in Saudi Arabia.

Why were you (and the rest of the people enraged by Trump's visit) not advocating throwing bottles at the Saudi representative when he visited? Or do the women of Saudi not matter?
strange when people hold Saudi Arabia up as a bench mark.
Part of the appeal of a protest against Trump is that people in the UK would think that as we have a special relationship with the US and have similar democratic set ups we would have more influence over Americans than we do the Saudi's.

Also worth noting that Owen Jones who is one of the Trump protest organisers also organised one for the Saudi visit - so anyone who wanted to protest the Saudis did have an opportunity to do so.

Also, obviously, the current government are selling arms to the Saudi's so if their conduct offends you don't vote Tory.

I enjoyed Michelle Wolf's work over the weekend.

I saw her last year doing an open mic spot. She's obviously gone up in the world since then!

strange when people hold Saudi Arabia up as a bench mark.
Part of the appeal of a protest against Trump is that people in the UK would think that as we have a special relationship with the US and have similar democratic set ups we would have more influence over Americans than we do the Saudi's.

No, not a benchmark, just pointing out the unbalance in selective outrage.

Also worth noting that Owen Jones who is one of the Trump protest organisers also organised one for the Saudi visit - so anyone who wanted to protest the Saudis did have an opportunity to do so.

Owen Jones is a poster boy for the eternally offended, and IMO, is a person who causes just as much division amoungst the public, as the extreme-right do.

Still, let's be clear, regardless of Owen Jones' exacerbation for either of those/these State visit(s), the level of public outrage at Trump's impending visit, is far greater than the Saudi state visit was. Which is simply odd.

Also, obviously, the current government are selling arms to the Saudi's so if their conduct offends you don't vote Tory.

I consider myself pretty much party-less these days TBH with you. I'm not remotely in touch with the Tories at the current time, and wouldn't rush out to vote for them at all. That being said, I still couldn't bring myself to vote for the cluelessly, frightening Labour party. FWIW, there is no active party, which appeals to me. Tory; No, Labour; Hell No, Lib Dems; are they even a thing anymore? UKIP; Rebels without a cause, Greens; please

Slightly off topic, but I'm interested to know, would you, a staunch Labour supporter, be happy with Diane Abbot as Home Secretary?

EDIT: disregard the last question, I've just seen the other thread

What's that I hear, that women don't matter? No wonder you're so pro-Trump.

Are you talking about the Trump that has;

A female Press Secretary
A female Education Secretary
A female Inspector General at the Secretary of the Interior
A female Secretary of Transportation
The first female presidential campaign manager (now advisor)

or a different one?

A female Press Secretary

or a different one?

I wonder if he's grabbed them by the pussy?

A female Press Secretary

or a different one?

Actually I put a bit of thought into this. The women are obviously Republicans through and through, and no doubt political and career driven. I imagine Trump's administration wanted a few right-wing women in positions of moderate (minimum) influence and power. It's a marriage made in hell.

And it doesn't excuse the absolute (ok alleged in some respect) appalling behaviour that Trump has dished out to women, even his own ex-wife.

And if you can't find an issue with

..... Mr Trump has called his eldest daughter “voluptuous”. He’s said it’s OK to describe her as “a piece of ***”, though she is a senior executive in his business empire. And he’s said that, if she wasn’t his daughter, “perhaps [he’d] be dating her”.

then that says a great deal about you and those who excuse such repulsive behaviours.

And if you can't find an issue with

..... Mr Trump has called his eldest daughter “voluptuous”. He’s said it’s OK to describe her as “a piece of ***”, though she is a senior executive in his business empire. And he’s said that, if she wasn’t his daughter, “perhaps [he’d] be dating her”.

then that says a great deal about you and those who excuse such repulsive behaviours.

Is this quote factual though, or is it second hand hearsay?

If its true, it's pretty strange behaviour, and a very weird mentality. IF it's true.

Is this quote factual though, or is it second hand hearsay?

If its true, it's pretty strange behaviour, and a very weird mentality. IF it's true.

There is video footage I believe. I can't look for it at work.

Trump was democratically elected.. he has thus far managed to avoid arrest in the Most litigious country on the planet ..
He hasn’t banned homosexuality, hasn’t changed any equal opportunity stuff for women or ethnic minority’s.
Hasn’t thrown any nukes around.. appears to have not invaded any foreign countries yet..
But he warrants **** being thrown at him as opposed to the afore mention commonwealth country leaders. Or the president of the good old PRC etc etc

Any time I turn TV on today, or last night's news there is Donald J giving it large to the NRA and citing GB as part of his speech. I listen and gathered my thoughts and considered reaction to it all and arrived at 'Just **** right off Donald you obnoxious weasel'. That was very therapeutic.

Any time I turn TV on today, or last night's news there is Donald J giving it large to the NRA and citing GB as part of his speech. I listen and gathered my thoughts and considered reaction to it all and arrived at 'Just **** right off Donald you obnoxious weasel'. That was very therapeutic.

No where as big a problem as the USA the UK has killing and maiming cases on a weekly bases with knifes and guns,we also can not give it large.

No where as big a problem as the USA the UK has killing and maiming cases on a weekly bases with knifes and guns,we also can not give it large.

I don't think we have ever attempted to give it large have we? Certainly not to the NRA.

I would be interested to see some figures for crimes against "normal" folk with guns and knives, and crimes against "gangster" folk. Both in USA and UK; and then break it down into the hot spot areas, and demography of the population. That might be a tad negative towards some communities and areas?:unsure:

But then again, we tend not to slaughter school kids on a grand scale with assault weapons, do we. Something else that shouldn't be given large eh?

How is that the Donald’s problem..
Obama****. The most ineffectual president ever did eff all about gun control over 8 years..
The yanks like guns. No president will ever be able to get rid of them
America is not the uk.. it has never not had an armed public since its inception..
It’s federal republic with 50 odd states..
The president could try to ban guns in Texas but I’d like to see him try ..

Th voting public are happy to have guns. Just like the voting public in the U.K. are not happy to let the rozzers have stop,and search on whoever they like laws ..

If they did the stabbing would stop. But the collateral damage is unacceptable to London society so there we go

Back