• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Protein (whey) supplements

How do you know I wasn't eating enough? If you knew me then you would know I eat like a horse and always have done!

You said you struggled to gain mass. If you're not eating enough you're not going to put weight on.

I'm not a fan of these 'cheaper' products, you get what you pay for. I'm in the military and work with a lot of gym nuts who compete and I have never known them to go for 'cheap' products. They tend to say stick to the known brands like PhD, Maximuscle, Grenade, MyProtein etc.

Haha, implying that what I've linked to is inferior because it's cheaper (ignoring the fact that one was started by the person who started (and then sold) one of your 'known brands' and the other won New Business of the Year at the 2014 National Business Awards plus four other awards).

Please tell me what magic ingredient(s) PhD, Maximuscle or Grenade use to make their whey different? Beyond charging you twice as much so you feel like you have to justify it to yourself.

Also, compete how? Bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman...?

You said you struggled to gain mass. If you're not eating enough you're not going to put weight on.

Haha, implying that what I've linked to is inferior because it's cheaper (ignoring the fact that one was started by the person who started (and then sold) one of your 'known brands' and the other won New Business of the Year at the 2014 National Business Awards plus four other awards).

Please tell me what magic ingredient(s) PhD, Maximuscle or Grenade use to make their whey different? Beyond charging you twice as much so you feel like you have to justify it to yourself.

Crufts-2011-Team-all-dogs.jpg

Your opinion and mine are obviously very different. No matter who you speak to in the world of bodybuilding everyone's opinion is different. Some people swear by supplements and others don't, some use cheaper supplements and others go for named brands. I don't know the ins and outs of the ingredients I look at results from people who have recommended them. So on this matter think we will have to agree to disagree.

Back