• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PS3 Slimline Fault

ian_the_girth

President
All,

i bought a PS3 Slimline 02/09/2009 & i have honestly barely used it since. However since Monday it appears to have developed a fault when being used as a games console.
When on, the machine will switch it self of at random from anything between 1 minute & 20 minutes. I dont think this is due to overheating as it will happen when it has been turned on for the first time that day.

Once off, you can only turn it on again by taking the power cable out the back & then putting it in again.

Has anyone else had / heard of this type of fault before?

I will phone the retailer who i purchased it from tomorrow morning, i assume as i have had it for less than 1 year i should at worst get another one in exchange?

Ian.

Have you got it connected to the internet to give it a software update? May seem a bit strange that by giving it a software update will fix it, but i had problems with my original PS3 when playing games, kept crashing and stuff, and when I gave it an update it was fine. If not then I guess it will still be within warranty to get it changed.

Spoke to the retailer this morning told me to bring it to them today & they will fault find while i wait in store. If turns out to be faulty they will exchange.

P.S. Smiffy, your lucky as i now cant kick your ar*e at COD again!!

Back