• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Why not have a link to the fixtures in the "Home, Forum, Blogs etc" bar at the top and publish them on here. Would be useful and I think I'm right in saying the previous copyright restrictions were overturned in the European Court ruling (every cloud !).

'I think...'?

Got a link to that Mick?

Following the decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union dated 1 March 2012 in Case C-604/10 Football Dataco Ltd v Yahoo! UK Ltd & Others, it has been determined that neither copyright nor sui generis database rights subsist in the EU in fixture lists for the English and Scottish football leagues.

Good news about the sui generis database rights !!!

"Historically, FDC charged licence fees to third parties such as media organisations, bookmakers and websites in exchange for permission to use or reproduce the fixture lists. Each football club was entitled to appoint one "Nominated Fanzine" that would only be required to pay a nominal fee of £1.00 +VAT for a licence to reproduce the fixture lists for their club. Other fan sites or blogs had to pay the commercial going rate to publish fixture details.

Tim Cook, General Counsel and Company Secretary at Stan James Plc commented: "We have had to defend Football DataCo's misguided fixture lists claim since 2008 and are pleased to see the Court of Appeal declare that there are no rights in fixture lists in the EU. We continue to defend the second arm of Football DataCo's claim, in relation to live data, which has potentially huge implications for our industry and consumers of live football data within the EU."

Paul Stevens, Partner at Olswang, commented: "Prior to this ruling, football fan sites and fanzines were required to pay the full licence fee, which was particularly onerous for small, non-commercial outlets. The outcome will come as a huge relief to fan sites, bloggers and fanzines who will be able to freely reproduce the Fixture Lists for the benefit of their club's supporters."

Stevens continued: "Olswang acted for YahooUK!, Stan James and Enetpulse Aps on the football fixture case since its inception. We were delighted to secure a victory for the defendants on a European level last March and we are pleased the national leg of this case has also come to a positive end in the UK."

Follow the advice of Arthur Wellesley !!

Isn't is safe just to link to them? God forbid we see Cricko & Ken in court.........again. :whistling:

Why not have a link to the fixtures in the "Home, Forum, Blogs etc" bar at the top and publish them on here. Would be useful and I think I'm right in saying the previous copyright restrictions were overturned in the European Court ruling (every cloud !).

There has been a link to the fixtures for years on the "Home page" under SUFC links.... I will update it over the next day or so.

Edit: done.

There has been a link to the fixtures for years on the "Home page" under SUFC links.... I will update it over the next day or so.

I never go to the home page and would like to be able to look at fixtures directly from this forum without going to the official site. But don't worry if it's too much trouble !

The link on the home page does not take you to the actual fixtures, but to a page featuring a review of Shrewsbury !!

From there you can click on the club's fixture list which makes no reference to the Walsall cup match and does not reflect the agreed changes to the fixtures.

I'm sure it'd be more useful to have our own list.

You're missing an apostrophe....unless it's an army of cloned Travoltas? I like your thinking Bobster......

I would make the work of the commentator so much easier. Travolta passes it out to Travolta, onto Travolta on the left who is fouled. Looks like Travolta will take this free kick and try to pick out Travolta ....... etcetera ...... yawn.

Back