• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
Come on Chris Philips be a proper reporter and when interviewing Phil Brown ask him the question most supporters would like an answer too. " what is going on between Phil Brown and Connor Clifford, that he cannot get a game with SUFC anymore" Come on Chris show us you really are a reporter and ask the hard questions,and dont let PB tell you nothing has happened because i for one would find that hard to swallow.Be a reporter Chris ask the hard questions.

A good question but one which PB would certainly brush away. In part the answer may be that he prefers Deegan as an enforcer. Wasn't there a pre-season match when Deegan was all over CC and PB ripped into CC for allowing it. But CC does bring more to the party in other ways as we know. Just as curious is the treatment of Tims. He was probably our best player at Northampton but was hauled off and then dropped for Saturday.

Deegan was judged by many including myself as our MOTM, therefore Brown has it spot on to play him. Clifford was good for the first few games and then put a few bad shifts in and hasn't done Enough to win back his place in Browns eye. Brown watches him in training evey day. I don't get why there has to be a big conspiracy around everyone that gets dropped. We have a lot of midfielders and its tough competion, playing well for the first 3 games of the season doesn't give you the rights I be picked every week.

If he did ask that Phil Brown would simply say, "What happens inside the dressing room stays in the dressing room blah blah blah". Phillips probably knows this will be the answer so doesnt bother asking in the first place. Interviewers ask questions to get answers.

A good question but one which PB would certainly brush away. In part the answer may be that he prefers Deegan as an enforcer. Wasn't there a pre-season match when Deegan was all over CC and PB ripped into CC for allowing it. But CC does bring more to the party in other ways as we know. Just as curious is the treatment of Tims. He was probably our best player at Northampton but was hauled off and then dropped for Saturday.

I agree he was one of our better players, but Timlin was at fault for Northampton's goal in terms of his positioning. Could be that, it's clear Brown likes players to be disciplined in terms of the area of the pitch in which they work and this probably explains the absence of Clifford (who I always find to be positionally unaware) Timlin who has been known to go off scampering out of position, lack of influence on the games of Leonard and ultimately our lack of goals.

Why when we needed a goal did he bring on cul de sac Weston?
Why when we needed a goal did he leave Williams on the bench?
Why does he not give Williams a start, he cant be/do any worse than Coulthirst?
Why when we are desperate for goals, does he bring in Piggott, who appears to do his best work outside the box, not having ago at Piggott, thought he did well Saturday, but we need a fox in the box
Why was Timlin left on the bench after being our best player the week before?
Why does he not allow Leonard to be more forward minded, he has stifled the poor lad
and as others have asked, What is going on with Clifford?

1. We have scored less goals than games played in the league. How will you address this?
  2. Do you agree that fans want to see goals?
  3. Jason Williams was loaned out to get match time. Sine his return he has not appeared. Is this a retrograde step for him - our striker?

I'd rather someone asked these questions at the next Q&A rather than the usual 'why don't you clap the fans at the end of the game?' crap.

Maybe he could ascertain what those white things that hold up the netting are for at each end of the pitch. They don't appear to have any meaningful function....

Who would you play in midfield with Clifford? That's the big question. You need a midfield where not every single player is going to be constantly making forward bursts and as shrimpled mentions Clifford's positional discipline isn't one of his stronger points.

Even if Chris Phillips asked do you really think he would get a straight answer?

Its funny how its always the player not playing that will be the answer to our problems.

The last game Clifford played when he came on for Leonard he wasn't any good.

He has done well at times, but I don't see how he would change our fortunes, if people are expecting him to start scoring goals then that's pure desperation, he was hardly banging them in when he was playing.

1. We have scored less goals than games played in the league. How will you address this?
  2. Do you agree that fans want to see goals?
  3. Jason Williams was loaned out to get match time. Sine his return he has not appeared. Is this a retrograde step for him - our striker?

I can save Chris the trouble on these 3 questions.
1. I already did pre-season, new I needed some quality strikers and we would be comfortable in the top 3. Certain people at the club didn't agree so that's why we had to go bargain basement. Hopefully they can now see for themselves and we can put it right in January
2. so what are you saying-management don't. That is why I also wanted a commanding centre back which would give us some vital goals from set pieces.
3. well obviously the needs SUFC top Jason Williams especially when we have injuries.

When are you going to stop talking utter cr&p and quit spouting the same old bu!!sh!te?
When are you going to remember your own player's names?
When are you going to admit that this IS your team and not one that you inherited?

Even if Chris Phillips asked do you really think he would get a straight answer?

Its funny how its always the player not playing that will be the answer to our problems.

The last game Clifford played when he came on for Leonard he wasn't any good.

He has done well at times, but I don't see how he would change our fortunes, if people are expecting him to start scoring goals then that's pure desperation, he was hardly banging them in when he was playing.

Connor is a class act and I rate him as highly as Leonard. Those two and Payne would and should form an exciting trio in the centre; with Deegan/Timlin coming in for young Jack against the tougher teams. But obviously not going to happen.

How about asking if the players meet up during the week or do they just turn up on Saturday's.

And also to ask if Phil has a chance to get to the ground between matches or does his media work not allow that.

Does Phil go to Ron's mansion for tea and biscuits,has he ever been invited for a sleepover at Ron's.

Back