• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question

I think the improvement in communication has improved ten fold in recent years, via telephone, emails and internet.

However I can get frustrated when receiving cold calls from the club at 8.30 pm wanting to know if I want lottery or book a table for a match.

Regarding the communication and in todays world Internet is a wonderful invention and can put a case over in seconds, however when I was younger I would believe it all, as I get older and wiser, I begin to realise that spin plays a major part to pacify supporters.

I do wonder the purpose of Birthday cards with printed players signatures, and the benefit of it, to the younger members its a great touch,but to us oldies would we prefer the money paid out to be kept in the bank?

Like all forms of communications it has it plus and minuses

I think the improvement in communication has improved ten fold in recent years, via telephone, emails and internet.

However I can get frustrated when receiving cold calls from the club at 8.30 pm wanting to know if I want lottery or book a table for a match.

To be fair Ron Martin wasn't too pleased when I knocked on his door at 11:30 pm last week and asked him if Peter Clarke had signed a new contract yet.

I think that for a chairman of a football club to personally e-mail supporters is testament to how SUFC attempt to treat the supporters as the most important part of the club. I could not see Vic Jobson doing the same if he was still alive and in charge of the club.

The club i support seems to commuicate very well through billboards,the local press,the free programme and the club web site but alas its all in french so it takes me a while to suss out what they are telling me.

I think we're pretty lucky in having a club that does personalise contact as much as ours does. I've had many different communications, phone calls, letters, emails over time, the website's usually pretty good (if at times a tad slow). Having said that though, I'm another that doesn't like the marketing calls during the evening although to be fair, the people I've spoken to have always been very pleasant and not at all pushy when I've said I'm not interested in the product.

Back