• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fred

First XI⭐
According to the Echo Nile Ranger is currently subject to a curfew where he has to be home by 7pm. He is due to play tomorrow but not against Shrewsbury. Will it now prevent him playing for us long term or are there concessions to the terms of his probation that will allow him to carry out his work as a means of rehabilitation.

For a start his curfew isn't permanent! So it won't affect him long term, as long as he keeps his nose clean. However I think there may also be specific allowances to allow him to play.

Either that or he has given his home address as Roots Hall Stadium, Victoria Avenue.... :smile:

I think it was a 6 week curfew from when he came out so wouldn't be long left now if that was the case

Don't panic! the curfew is only in place until his sentence has finished, which was only a few weeks!

Phil Brown says that Nile has to get back to his home in Tottenham from Charlton by 7pm tomorrow after the game. A taxi could get stuck in traffic, so I'm suggesting taking the tube.

Phil Brown says that Nile has to get back to his home in Tottenham from Charlton by 7pm tomorrow after the game. A taxi could get stuck in traffic, so I'm suggesting taking the tube.

He should make it , but I agree with you that it could be close.
Maybe a deliberate sending off with 15 mins to go is the safer option.
That way he can beat the crowds !

Would prefer a substitution and standing ovation after scoring a hat trick. :clap::smile:

if you allow someone out of prison it makes sense that the terms allow them to get to and from work IMO

Agree- there is clearly a lack of flexibility or a lack of thought here somewhere. Surely common sense (I know, I know..) would prevail given the authorities understand when games of football are played, start and finish. The conclusion is clearly that do give a jot about whether the former inmate can carry on his trade and earn a living or not (despite all the evidence that being able to do so is one of the strongest incentives not to re offend).

I thought I read somewhere that PB said he had been given dispensation for to return home later if it was for work?

Anyone think that Mr. Ranger is a bit of a playa with a harem of ladies on the go across the SE.....

No problem getting back home from Southend after a home game but panic when he has to get back from Charlton.

I notice the part where Brown says Ranger tells him he's a changed man but Brown says he's taking that with a pinch of salt. Nice to see the boss showing confidence in his players :hilarious:

No problem getting back home from Southend after a home game but panic when he has to get back from Charlton.

I notice the part where Brown says Ranger tells him he's a changed man but Brown says he's taking that with a pinch of salt. Nice to see the boss showing confidence in his players :hilarious:

Proof will be in the pudding. He really needs a successful and lengthy spell as a first team regular now to repay all this faith shown in him by manager and chairman

A few extracts from Simon Cox's Echo column.

'Last weekend also saw the return of Nile Ranger but he has to keep on working hard to get the lads back on side.

While he’s been away we’ve had a tough pre-season and have been training hard so he needs to be doing more than us because he’s behind our fitness levels.

We are all going to be on at him whether he likes it or not, especially about his punctuality.'

There you go Nile. Who loves ya baby?

Proof will be in the pudding. He really needs a successful and lengthy spell as a first team regular now to repay all this faith shown in him by manager and chairman

No it won't. It will be in the eating:

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating".

(Sorry, when I was a kid my dad made me learn all these sayings (because at the time you needed them for the 11+), and had a right go at me when I got any wrong. That's stuck with me for over 35 years!)

I think Brown has shown more than enough confidence in him. It's right that he's now demanding actions over words, and even better that Simon Cox is suggesting the squad feel exactly the same way. All the right noises coming out of the club as far as I'm concerned.

No it won't. It will be in the eating:

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating".

(Sorry, when I was a kid my dad made me learn all these sayings (because at the time you needed them for the 11+), and had a right go at me when I got any wrong. That's stuck with me for over 35 years!)

Spoiler:  

Back