• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Roots Hall was worth that much we wouldnt need Sainsbury and would have built Fossetts for cash already.

Common sense to be applied....

If Roots Hall was worth that much we wouldnt need Sainsbury and would have built Fossetts for cash already.

Common sense to be applied....

Remember the build cost of these units which normally takes 75% of actual costs.

10 million profit is highly possible yet nowhere near enough for even a modest stadium.

Remember the build cost of these units which normally takes 75% of actual costs.

10 million profit is highly possible yet nowhere near enough for even a modest stadium.

You were the one saying it was such a cash cow that no one would stand in its way, now you are saying there isnt actually that much profit in it relatively speaking.

If there was 10 million pound profit to be made the council are hardly going to care, especially as they wouldnt get any of it.

You were the one saying it was such a cash cow that no one would stand in its way, now you are saying there isnt actually that much profit in it relatively speaking.

If there was 10 million pound profit to be made the council are hardly going to care, especially as they wouldnt get any of it.

No you said with my estimated value we would not need Sainsbury but you forgot to take into account actual build costs!
10 mill profit for an individual or small company is breathtaking and highly sought after.

The council will care because such a development would employ many people and once completed will house potentially 2000 people probably more?

The cash cow is RH for Ron yet if the council agreed to FF purely for housing then everybody wins!

No you said with my estimated value we would not need Sainsbury but you forgot to take into account actual build costs!
10 mill profit for an individual or small company is breathtaking and highly sought after.

The council will care because such a development would employ many people and once completed will house potentially 2000 people probably more?

The cash cow is RH for Ron yet if the council agreed to FF purely for housing then everybody wins!

If build costs are 75% then we would make 25 million from houses/flats if it were 100m, which is no doubt about what we sold Roots Hall to Sainsbury, so no we wouldnt need them.

The reality is even with houses/flats the site is not worth 100 million to anyone.

What business experience do you have ? What qualifies you to be able to make these projections ?

Actually it's rather generous giving 645 sf,Many 2 bed new houses offer 700 sf.

Hang on, how have you got 645 sf from?

MrsBlue's forgotten post said:
Lets say 100 square feet per build containing 4 flats per storey

The Council would be expecting a sizeable s106 contribution. Let's throw about some numbers: according to Zoopla the average flat price in Roots Hall Drive is just under £120,000. For the development to be worth £100m they'll need to be 834 flats built on Roots Hall (although 30% of any development will need to be affordable housing). Let's assume a conservative 2 persons per flat and that's well over an extra 1,500 people living in the area. The Council will be expecting to see a substantial amount coming their way through the s106 agreement in order to build the schools, hospitals, transport infrastructure etc to deal with such additional population before they ever grant planning permission for that many flats!

FWIW the local plan suggests a density of at least 60 dwellings per hectare is appropriate.

Hang on, how have you got 645 sf from?

The Council would be expecting a sizeable s106 contribution. Let's throw about some numbers: according to Zoopla the average flat price in Roots Hall Drive is just under £120,000. For the development to be worth £100m they'll need to be 834 flats built on Roots Hall (although 30% of any development will need to be affordable housing). Let's assume a conservative 2 persons per flat and that's well over an extra 1,500 people living in the area. The Council will be expecting to see a substantial amount coming their way through the s106 agreement in order to build the schools, hospitals, transport infrastructure etc to deal with such additional population before they ever grant planning permission for that many flats!

FWIW the local plan suggests a density of at least 60 dwellings per hectare is appropriate.

They would never give permission for that many flats in that location, its already over populated, and the S106 is only there to improve facilities that at only need upgrading because of the development so its not going to be worth a lot to them, unlike the one for Fossetts which is to "offset the damage to the high street".

The pitch alone is alone is 1.5 then add the stands,car park and areas and its probably more than 5 !

The football pitch equals one acre roughly. You can get 1 maybe 1 1/2 in the car park/club shop area and then the gaps probably equal 1/2 acre. So I'd say that 2 1/2, 3 acres Is a more realistic amount.

The football pitch equals one acre roughly. You can get 1 maybe 1 1/2 in the car park/club shop area and then the gaps probably equal 1/2 acre. So I'd say that 2 1/2, 3 acres Is a more realistic amount.

I had a couples of acres once...got kicked in the bollocks

Very roughly ! The Roots Hall pitch is just under 1.7 acres !

Don't know if that changes your thinking on the rest of it.

This kind of thing can 'be checked in less than 2 mins on GoogleRoots hall pitch 110*74 yards= 8140 square yards.1 acre= 4840 square yardsTherefore as Mick says pitch is slightly underr 1.7 acresWhy multiple people are quoting different figures on something so easy to check is beyond me

This kind of thing can 'be checked in less than 2 mins on GoogleRoots hall pitch 110*74 yards= 8140 square yards.1 acre= 4840 square yardsTherefore as Mick says pitch is slightly underr 1.7 acresWhy multiple people are quoting different figures on something so easy to check is beyond me

Since when has knowing what you're talking about been a prerequisite for posting on here ?

Very roughly ! The Roots Hall pitch is just under 1.7 acres !

Don't know if that changes your thinking on the rest of it.

Slightly bigger than I estimated for but I still believe the whole plot is under the 5 acres which was quoted.

Using an online mapping and measuring tool it gives an area for the site defined in the original planning application as approx 9.68 acres.

In that application housing was shown as taking up about a third of the area and was for 272 dwellings in two/three storey units.
It would not be unreasonable to extrapolate from that that if the site was to become all housing, and the same density per acre was allowed across the whole site, then 272 x 3 = 816 units would be feasible.
St Mary's Court comprises of three FOUR storey blocks so it would not, again, be unreasonable to think that some element of four storey development could be allowed onsite so, theoretically, that could push it to within touching distance of 1000 units.

1000 units at the neighbourhood average price of £120k is therefore pushing retail value of the Roots Hall site as residential development at that density towards £120m, obviously site clearance, build, site infrastructure and Section 106 costs would have to come out of that but I would suggest that those figures indicate that someone should be able to turn a tidy profit out of it..... :winking:

Using an online mapping and measuring tool it gives an area for the site defined in the original planning application as approx 9.68 acres.

In that application housing was shown as taking up about a third of the area and was for 272 dwellings in two/three storey units.
It would not be unreasonable to extrapolate from that that if the site was to become all housing, and the same density per acre was allowed across the whole site, then 272 x 3 = 816 units would be feasible.
St Mary's Court comprises of three FOUR storey blocks so it would not, again, be unreasonable to think that some element of four storey development could be allowed onsite so, theoretically, that could push it to within touching distance of 1000 units.

1000 units at the neighbourhood average price of £120k is therefore pushing retail value of the Roots Hall site as residential development at that density towards £120m, obviously site clearance, build, site infrastructure and Section 106 costs would have to come out of that but I would suggest that those figures indicate that someone should be able to turn a tidy profit out of it..... :winking:

I thank you sir !

I knew it was feasible but could not find the total RH size.

And then add on the flats and retail units at FF, edging 200m - frankly makes the cost of building the stadium rather modest in comparison!

Back