• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Referee’s Letter

leroyjean

Youth Team
Zoners may be interested to see the text of a letter that Ross Joyce, the Referees Development Officer for the North Riding FA, may be sending this evening.

Dear EFL,
Since submitting my match report on today‘s League One game at Walsall I realise that I failed to record a goal that I awarded to Southend in the 45th minute. When I blew for half-time I thought that the Walsall goalkeeper was in possession of the ball, but in fact I was unsighted. The ball had eluded him and was inside the goal when I blew. No restart was possible as it was now half-time, and the half-time score was 0-2, rather than the 0-1 I wrote in the report. I am sorry to have sent you the report without any mention of this incident, but I have now been reminded by clear video evidence that Southend did indeed score that second goal before I blew; so I must ask you to correct the match result from the 1-1 I recorded to 1-2 in favour of Southend. I appreciate that correcting the result is an embarrassment for you but for me honesty and fairness are of paramount importance. Indeed, they are the cornerstone of my FIFA ambitions.

P.S.
I would also like you to cancel Walsall's goal, because they scored from a penalty, and at the time I didn't spot the Walsall striker cheating by throwing himself dramatically to the floor.
So 2-0 to Southend United. Thank you.

Zoners may be interested to see the text of a letter that Ross Joyce, the Referees Development Officer for the North Riding FA, may be sending this evening.

Dear EFL,
Since submitting my match report on today‘s League One game at Walsall I realise that I failed to record a goal that I awarded to Southend in the 45th minute. When I blew for half-time I thought that the Walsall goalkeeper was in possession of the ball, but in fact I was unsighted. The ball had eluded him and was inside the goal when I blew. No restart was possible as it was now half-time, and the half-time score was 0-2, rather than the 0-1 I wrote in the report. I am sorry to have sent you the report without any mention of this incident, but I have now been reminded by clear video evidence that Southend did indeed score that second goal before I blew; so I must ask you to correct the match result from the 1-1 I recorded to 1-2 in favour of Southend. I appreciate that correcting the result is an embarrassment for you but for me honesty and fairness are of paramount importance. Indeed, they are the cornerstone of my FIFA ambitions.

Sadly he blew before the goal was scored.

An error which could cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds ,and shape the whole future of the club for years to come....Sorry got it wrong doesn't cut it.......Thought the Barnsley ref apology was bad enough in possible lost revenue but this decision makes that seem minor

I'm not going to defend the ref but if we had picked up more points before this game then we wouldn't be in the **** we are now in. We still have three more games to play with 9 points up for grabs. It all now boils down to how badly we want them. Ok, that's the cool, calm, logical assessment done,, now for a more partisan view, the ref was a total tosser (it wouldn't be SZ if I didn't add that,, would it?)

Get real - one match doesn't decide the season. Yes the ref may have been a clown but to say he's corrupt is libellous and frankly ludicrous. We've been mostly ****e the entire season that's the reason we're going down.

And of course that letter is real....?

The letter is a joke but many of the decisions seen this season, mainly against but a few large ones for, have been bad jokes.
The standard of officials seems to be falling, inconsistent and too often overly fussy and negatively disruptive.

I doubt there is a club in the entire Premiership and EFL that feels happy about the standard of refereeing from Dean, Pawson & co down. It is also extremely doubtful that there is any group of supporters that does not feel hard done by because of poor decisions going against them. Having said that, the level of incompetence displayed yesterday was of a spectacularly new low as the tv replays show about half a dozen glaring mistakes apart from the utterly bizarre drinks break and the apparent double booking of John White.

Get real - one match doesn't decide the season. Yes the ref may have been a clown but to say he's corrupt is libellous and frankly ludicrous. We've been mostly ****e the entire season that's the reason we're going down.

And of course that letter is real....?

couldn't agree more, it's the last 15 games of pure crap that has place us here, everyone blames the injuries and the Ref and the manager......but its down to the players on the pitch to get the result...…..the supporters have suffered so much this season but they keep heading back

couldn't agree more, it's the last 15 games of pure crap that has place us here, everyone blames the injuries and the Ref and the manager......but its down to the players on the pitch to get the result...…..the supporters have suffered so much this season but they keep heading back

Everyone's been moaning for months on here how bad we are. Everyone knows that's why we are in a relegation battle. But yesterdays ref performance really could cost us our place in this League. Fans that were there are saying it's the worst they have ever seen, with so many major blunders. Even Chris Phillips has tweeted it's the worst he's seen in 30 years.

Everyone's been moaning for months on here how bad we are. Everyone knows that's why we are in a relegation battle. But yesterdays ref performance really could cost us our place in this League. Fans that were there are saying it's the worst they have ever seen, with so many major blunders. Even Chris Phillips has tweeted it's the worst he's seen in 30 years.

from what I have read he seemed to bottom of the pit of s**t for Refs, two yellows to JW and he leaves him on the pitch as the pen was taken, agree with you the Refs have been very very poor...…..lets just keep hoping for the tide to turn

If this guy ever referees anything again it will be criminal. I've just watched all the highlights and the level of this guys incompetence is staggering. Did he book their penalty taker for removing his shirt? The FA should take him into a room with a senior referee and walk him through ever decisions and ask him what were his reasons for the actions he took.

I've just answered my own question. Yes he booked Aramide Oteh for taking off his shirt , about the only thing he got right all game. I would love to see the penalty incident from the goal cam to see whether he was even touched.

Add to that the drinks break when we were all over Walsall. Needs to be investigated in my opinion

I was at Billericay today and they had a drinks break half-way through the first half (and also the second). I suspect it was pre-arranged and certainly no cause for investigation.

Back