• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Candidates

Good wins for Ebbsfleet and Dorking pull them clear of the drop zone. Oxford lose again and look well adrift at the bottom now. Woking v Kidderminster was rained off. Wealdstone's win at York was a six pointer. Maidenhead's defeat by Fylde leaves them looking vulnerable having played an extra game on those below them.

So it is currently York, Kidderminster, Woking and Oxford City in the relegation places.

Not York.. they helped us when we were in need. Long may they survive

What's the situation here? I'm not clued up.

York was the first game I ever saw live back in the 90s, with me mum on holiday, I remember picking Jon McCarthy as my 'one to watch' so they'll always have a place in my heart!

York was the first game I ever saw live back in the 90s, with me mum on holiday, I remember picking Jon McCarthy as my 'one to watch' so they'll always have a place in my heart!
The York Chairman (Matt Uggla) donated a sizeable amount of money, as did the York supporters, towards the Trust fund to help pay the staff at the back end of last year.

The York Chairman (Matt Uggla) donated a sizeable amount of money, as did the York supporters, towards the Trust fund to help pay the staff at the back end of last year.

Oh brilliant, actually this does ring a bell now, must have forgotten. Thanks!

With Oxford City already down, I can't see Dorking escaping, they've got Altrincham (H), Wealdstone (A), Rochdale (A) and Hartlepool (H).
You can't see Wealdstone surviving that run in - 6 matches in 14 days, including at home to Chesterfield and a long old final away match to Oldham - Boreham Wood (A), Us (A), Dorking (H), Chesterfield (H), Eastleigh (H) and Oldham (A).
Boreham Wood seem to be on an irreversible run of form that sees them face Wealdstone (H), Aldershot (A) and Ebbsfleet (H). Don't see them turning things round.
All of which means that Kidderminster, and the rest of those others above them will survive - Halifax (H), Eastleigh (H), Barnet (A).

Boreham - Wealdstone on Saturday
Then Wealdstone play us on Tuesday and Dorking on Thursday

They may well concentrate on the 2 "six pointers" and rest a few on Tuesday(Us) for Thursdays game and Saturday (Chesterfield) for the Tuesday match against Eastleigh

Dorking look buried now

If Boreham lose at home to Wealdstone on Saturday then it starts to look tough for them .

I reckon 51 points should see safety unless several teams put some good results together ...

For me Boreham Wood and Dorking are gone and will join Oxford City next season. All on appaling runs and just cant see them escaping it now.

That leaves one relegation spot...

Kidderminster, have become hard to beat under Tango and if they pick up a couple of wins from their last 3 games, could perform a miracle. 2 of 3 remaining games, at home. Don't rule them out yet.

Wealdstone, have an awful run of 6 games in 2 weeks to close the season out. Not in great form (1 win in 6) and struggling to score. In danger of dropping into that final relegation spot. Although you could say it is in their hands as well, if they can beat the tiredness.

I've seen enough from Ebbsfleet and York in recent weeks to think they have more than enough quality to survive. Both on good runs of form as well. They should be fine. As should Woking, just.

That leaves my relegation wildcard. Eastleigh. 1 win in last 7 matches. 4 remaining, 3 of which are away from home (York, Kiddy & Wealdstone) tough, against teams fighting the drop. They finish at home to Halifax who are fighting for that last play-off spot and in reasonably good form. Their defence is awful (2nd worst in the div - 84 goals) and if it wasn't for the prolific McCallum, would probably be down already. McCallum has missed 2 of the last 4 games (back niggle) and hasn't scored in 4 games either. Big alarm bells ringing if I was a fan. I genuinely believe they could lose all of their remaining games if McCallum doesn't return/start firing again. One win is all they need, but will they get it?

Fylde
Oxford
Dorking
Maidenhead
Wealdstone

All crap grounds with crap views and terrible facilities. None would be overly missed tbh.
Got my Wealdstone tickets yesterday. Haven’t been before. Is it not elevated? Went to Oxford City and that was awful. I hope it’s a bit better than that.

Back