• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Remaining fixtures of our playoff rivals

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
After the results yesterday I started to look at the league table and the fixtures of our 7th spot playoff rivals to see how likely it was we could actually do it. Whilst looking at it, I saw something which doesn’t add up. On the BBC table Halifax have played 43 games but only have 2 fixtures left? We’ve played 45 and play our final game next Saturday in the early kickoff slot.

I think there must be an error with whoever provides the data for the National League’s league table or does someone know something I don’t.

I still think our chances of making it are really slim but it’s been an incredible effort from the lads to even have a chance given what they’ve been through this season.

Yep, it's the Oldham game they're yet to schedule. They have to play it this week, so the only possible place for it is Thursday; the question is where its going to be played. Oldham need the points to maintain their own slim play-off hopes as well, no easy games for Halifax to get those three points they need...

They are trying to sort a venue for the Oldham game on Thursday I believe. Possibly at Accrington again (like their Tues game v Fleet) could also play at Huddersfield or elsewhere. Either way it will get played somewhere as they won’t want to give those points up, as much as we would love that to happen!

After the results yesterday I started to look at the league table and the fixtures of our 7th spot playoff rivals to see how likely it was we could actually do it. Whilst looking at it, I saw something which doesn’t add up. On the BBC table Halifax have played 43 games but only have 2 fixtures left? We’ve played 45 and play our final game next Saturday in the early kickoff slot.

I think there must be an error with whoever provides the data for the National League’s league table or does someone know something I don’t.

I still think our chances of making it are really slim but it’s been an incredible effort from the lads to even have a chance given what they’ve been through this season.
Not sure they have agreed where to play the Oldham game yet, although York is the rumour.
It has to be played on Thursday though, surely?

It’s crazy that they still haven’t confirmed it and it’s 4 days away! We’d need an incredible run of unexpected results to get that last spot but certainly makes this week interesting.

Thanks for the explanations.

Current odds to get in play offs ....... Wiggy bookmakers, form an orderly queue!

Halifax 1/8
Aldershot 8/1
Southend 10/1

Despite the loss, Ebbsfleet played well against Altrincham and had several chances. We know they are a good side. They do tend to play better at home though. However, Accrington's pitch is like a carpet, so will suit their style.

One of Halifax's players went off injured in the first half and was taken to hospital. With so many games in quick succession, those things are likely to happen.

Last edited:
So.......

I discount Aldershot whose form is atrocious and who will be dismembered by Gateshead on Tuesday.

Halifax v Ebbsfleet. Ebbsfleet will be desperate for points. I predict a draw.

Halifax v Oldham. Oldham have a faint chance of the play offs but have been dreadfully out of form recently with just 4 points from their last 6 games. I predict another draw.

Eastleigh v Halifax. Eastleigh have nothing to play for, but they do have the League's runaway top scorer in Paul McCallum (31 goals so far!). Let's hope that he wants to boost his score total. Halifax will be truly nervous by now knowing that our goal difference will tell against them. I predict a win for Eastleigh.

Southend v Rochdale. Rochdale will have been kicked to pieces by Boreham Wood on Tuesday evening and, battered and bruised, they will just want Saturday's match to finish. I predict....................................

So.......

I discount Aldershot whose form is atrocious and who will be dismembered by Gateshead on Tuesday.

Halifax v Ebbsfleet. Ebbsfleet will be desperate for points. I predict a draw.

Halifax v Oldham. Oldham have a faint chance of the play offs but have been dreadfully out of form recently with just 4 points from their last 6 games. I predict another draw.

Eastleigh v Halifax. Eastleigh have nothing to play for, but they do have the League's runaway top scorer in Paul McCallum (31 goals so far!). Let's hope that he wants to boost his score total. Halifax will be truly nervous by now knowing that our goal difference will tell against them. I predict a win for Eastleigh.

Southend v Rochdale. Rochdale will have been kicked to pieces by Boreham Wood on Tuesday evening and, battered and bruised, they will just want Saturday's match to finish. I predict....................................
I feel as though we need Chesterfield to get off their sun loungers and get a result against Gateshead tonight. Otherwise, if they win, the Heed will be safely in the play-offs and will probably rest players on Wednesday against the Shots.

It seems as though, so long as I keep predicting Halifax/Aldershot wins and putting them as my wildcard in the Prediction League, it keeps going the opposite way.

I'm about to be relegated but if it gives Southend a chance of the play-offs I'm happy to continue.

I was looking and Halifax have got to travel an hour to Accrington on Tuesday, then an hour and a half on Thursday to Chesterfield and then 4 hours 40 to Eastleigh on Saturday, each time in competitive games, it's not an easy task for them.

We just need Gateshead to beat Aldershot on Wednesday and they can't catch us as well. The goal difference is really important here as well.

It's all getting a little bit exciting lol

Back