• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Forgetting the top five , I've done my predictions for the final two play off places between ourselves , Oxford , York and Plymouth ( I know others could also come into it , but thought I'd keep it to these four ).

Just a bit of fun , but kept me amused.
We have some tough games , but so do all of our rivals.

OXFORD ( currently 59 pts )
HOME : Fleetwood , York and Accrington ( wins )
away : Dag & Red , Northampton ( draws ) , Plymouth , Scunthorpe ( losses )
FINAL POINTS : 70

YORK ( currently 58 pts )
HOME : Burton , Accrington , Bury , Newport ( wins )
away : Rochdale , Oxford , Scunthorpe ( losses )

SOUTHEND ( currently 56pts )
HOME : Torquay , Wimbledon , Accrington , Burton ( wins )
away : Cheltenham ( win ) , Rochdale , Fleetwood ( losses )
FINAL POINTS : 71

PLYMOUTH ( currently 55 pts )
HOME : Oxford , Wimbledon , Hartlepool ( wins )
away : newport , bury , portsmouth ( draw ) , burton ( lose )
FINA POINTS : 67

Forgetting the top five , I've done my predictions for the final two play off places between ourselves , Oxford , York and Plymouth ( I know others could also come into it , but thought I'd keep it to these four ).

Just a bit of fun , but kept me amused.
We have some tough games , but so do all of our rivals.

OXFORD ( currently 59 pts )
HOME : Fleetwood , York and Accrington ( wins )
away : Dag & Red , Northampton ( draws ) , Plymouth , Scunthorpe ( losses )

YORK ( currently 58 pts )
HOME : Burton , Accrington , Bury , Newport ( wins )
away : Rochdale , Oxford , Scunthorpe ( losses )

SOUTHEND ( currently 56pts )
HOME : Torquay , Wimbledon , Accrington , Burton ( wins )
away : Cheltenham ( win ) , Rochdale , Fleetwood ( losses )
FINAL POINTS : 71

PLYMOUTH ( currently 55 pts )
HOME : Oxford , Wimbledon , Hartlepool ( wins )
away : newport , bury , portsmouth ( draw ) , burton ( lose )
FINA POINTS : 67

I'm always up for a bit of optomism. I feel as if Oxford won't fare as well as you have suggested considering their previous results when playing against the higher teams.York could well beat Rochdale, Oxford or Scunthorpe taking into account their current form.

What about Newport could they not come into calculations, even though i believe if SUFC maintain the form they produced last night i can see 5 wins and 2 draws,giving us 73 points and 6 th position.

What about Newport could they not come into calculations, even though i believe if SUFC maintain the form they produced last night i can see 5 wins and 2 draws,giving us 73 points and 6 th position.

Even if they were to win their game in hand, they would trail us by four points. I would say that Dag & Red would be more of a threat.

We need to win as many as possible and rely on our rivals to blow it on the run-in.

Hopefully starting tonight.

luckily there are 21 games left where the top 10 teams play each other , including three for us so mathematically teams have to drop points. Oxford for example have consecutive games against Fleetwood, Plymouth York, Scunthorpe

Pray for draws from the Plymouth v Oxford and Oxford v York matches, that would ease our journey....

I said on another thread, York have to play 3 of the top 7 in their next 4 games.

Hopefully that will cause them problems as they are the inform team at the moment.

Even if York were to keep going on their good run, I'm sure that Oxford will trail off considering previous results when playing the top teams and we have now got our noses in front of Plymouth. It's up to us now. York and Blues to be 6th and 7th.

Back