• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RESERVE ACTION

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Nov. 15 2005,15:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ Nov. 15 2005,15:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Nov. 15 2005,15:19)]Can't believe the club are now charging admission for reserve games.  I usually go to quite a few but they can shove it now.  It will be interesting to see how many people actually pay to get in compared to when it was free.  Do Season Ticket holders get in free?
To be honest, it doesn't really bother me too much that they're charging now. It's all money going to the club and £3 isn't exactly a bank breaker is it?
It's not a bank breaker but it was nice to know you could get something for nothing out of the club for once. After all, it's not like they go out of their way to save supporters money is it? I know, business is business, but £40 for a replica shirt? £18 to watch third tier football? £3 for an advert-laden programme?

Don't get me wrong, we're not as bad as some clubs, and £3 is not going to stop me going to the reserves (not that I ever get the time off work to go), but it's just slightly disappointing that the club have decided to milk the fans for even more when it isn't really necessary.
Nah, i disagree. You don't get anything for nothing nowadays. The club are only making the most of every possible revenue stream. That's business.

I really can't see the problem in the club charging to attend reserve games. The club isn't a charity designed to keep the retired or unemployed off the streets - its a business. The reserve team has been scrapped at least once before because of the expense, so I think its a good idea to ask those who attend to make a token contribution towards it. I'm sure there will be numerous costs involved in competing in the league from employing stewards, to away travel and paying the referee's expenses.

In any case three pounds for 90 minutes 'entertainment' is hardly extortionate, its still cheaper than going to the cinema and you'll be hard pushed to make your pint and a packet of crisps down the pub last that long.

If there were 100 there, I'd guess probably 60% were season ticket holders and, given the time these things are played, a further 10% are concessions. So that's £100, less what they pay the turnstile man, less VAT payments.

So not much in it for the club. Similarly it's not much to pay if you're going to watch.

Just surprised the club changed policy mid-season.

When I came out from school at 3.45 today the floodlights were on, so maybe whoever said to pay for the floodlights is right?

yes the floodlights came on 2nd half. All the other afternoon games were free so presume the clocks going back changed all that

So far as I know, all the other clubs in the Combination charge for admission.
At Milton Keynes it was necessary to obtain a ticket from the Club Shop to show to the gateman (I kid you not!!).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ Nov. 15 2005,19:45)]So far as I know, all the other clubs in the Combination charge for admission.
At Milton Keynes it was necessary to obtain a ticket from the Club Shop to show to the gateman (I kid you not!!).
went to a away reserve game? now thats keen!

I have it on good authority that some seasos showed their card yesterday and gained free entry and one seaso having paid at the gate went back, showed his season ticket and received a refund!

It seems that the club didn't publicise that seasos can still get free entry to reserve games at Roots Hall.

work it out
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Nov. 15 2005,19:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ Nov. 15 2005,19:45)]So far as I know, all the other clubs in the Combination charge for admission.
went to a away reserve game? now thats keen!
Keen is one word for it.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Nov. 16 2005,13:32)]work it out  
biggrin.gif
and I didn't go cos I couldn't afford the 3 quid. If I had known about the season ticket holder's benefit I would have been there like a slim rocket.

I popped along for the first half and as stated, got in for free after showing my ST.

cool.gif

Ken, i expected you and mr hines to be there so was on my own but got a phone call from mr leopard to keep me entertained.

Back