• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Revelling in it

Pubey

Revelling In It

It’s strange, scoring goals can be both the easiest and hardest things in football, ask anyone, be it Alan Shearer or my mate Dave from the Dog and Duck FC!

In theory, all you are doing is passing the ball in to a 24ft space but sometimes it feels like you are threading it through an eye of a needle, especially when you’ve gone as long as me without scoring for your new Club!

The key to playing to the best of your ability comes from being relaxed, focused and most of all, playing without pressure. Unfortunately being a striker you are always going to attract pressure to score, especially as this is the biggest thing you are judged on. Whether you’re providing as many assists as anyone else in the team, the one thing you will always be judged on is goals.

Price tags play an obvious role in the pressure mounting as well, despite what we may say to the press. Having a £150,000 transfer fee hanging over your head requires justifying on the pitch, and has produced the same level of pressure on me as when I was traded for two sets of cornerflags and a Mitre matchball when I was 12 (I lied….it was only one set of goalposts!!) – never-the-less these can all play on your mind when you’re presented with a chance in front of goal.

Then sometimes instincts take over, which is exactly what happened on Saturday, when things you do automatically every day in training take over, and as the ball nestles into the back of the net you realise how easy football can be at times!!

Unless you’ve scored you can never describe the feeling you have as you reel away, and it prompts you to do some of the most bizarre things, such as robot dancing, or re-enacting computer game moves! I promise that the more I score the better celebration I’ll produce, if I remember to – suggestions on a postcard please!

It’s safe to say I’ve never felt such relief as a Southend player as I did a 3.08pm last Saturday and can’t wait until Brighton on Friday – it’s time to start enjoying football again!

I’m also informed that due to the success of this column new-boy Kevin Betsy has began writing for the website. Like in everything I do, I welcome competition but as Kevin will find out soon, no-one has more to say on things at this Club than me!!!

Sometimes though, it’s best to let your feet do the talking….

Revell 1 v Betsy 0

As ever, up the Blues!

Revs

+++++++++++

superb article, and fair play to Revs for being open and honest about the pressures of being a fairly expensive striker

now go to the social groups and join THE RAS - Revell Appreciation Society

Where did you find this? I thought it was you at first not thinking about the title untill the end with "Revs" as the obvious lol

Ahh right. How do you sign up to it as my dad is but I can't find where to subscribe up to it.

Revelling In It

It’s strange, scoring goals can be both the easiest and hardest things in football, ask anyone, be it Alan Shearer or my mate Dave from the Dog and Duck FC!

In theory, all you are doing is passing the ball in to a 24ft space but sometimes it feels like you are threading it through an eye of a needle, especially when you’ve gone as long as me without scoring for your new Club!

The key to playing to the best of your ability comes from being relaxed, focused and most of all, playing without pressure. Unfortunately being a striker you are always going to attract pressure to score, especially as this is the biggest thing you are judged on. Whether you’re providing as many assists as anyone else in the team, the one thing you will always be judged on is goals.

Price tags play an obvious role in the pressure mounting as well, despite what we may say to the press. Having a £150,000 transfer fee hanging over your head requires justifying on the pitch, and has produced the same level of pressure on me as when I was traded for two sets of cornerflags and a Mitre matchball when I was 12 (I lied….it was only one set of goalposts!!) – never-the-less these can all play on your mind when you’re presented with a chance in front of goal.

Then sometimes instincts take over, which is exactly what happened on Saturday, when things you do automatically every day in training take over, and as the ball nestles into the back of the net you realise how easy football can be at times!!

Unless you’ve scored you can never describe the feeling you have as you reel away, and it prompts you to do some of the most bizarre things, such as robot dancing, or re-enacting computer game moves! I promise that the more I score the better celebration I’ll produce, if I remember to – suggestions on a postcard please!

It’s safe to say I’ve never felt such relief as a Southend player as I did a 3.08pm last Saturday and can’t wait until Brighton on Friday – it’s time to start enjoying football again!

I’m also informed that due to the success of this column new-boy Kevin Betsy has began writing for the website. Like in everything I do, I welcome competition but as Kevin will find out soon, no-one has more to say on things at this Club than me!!!

Sometimes though, it’s best to let your feet do the talking….

Revell 1 v Betsy 0

As ever, up the Blues!

Revs

+++++++++++

superb article, and fair play to Revs for being open and honest about the pressures of being a fairly expensive striker

now go to the social groups and join THE RAS - Revell Appreciation Society

Anyone who has ever played ball games can relate to this account and experience.

Red Rum is "raring to go now", so looking forward to having a small wager on his 1st goalscoring to take back a bit of past losses to those bookie chaps.

Hope Alex goes on to many more memorable momments with us and continues the enjoyment for us all.

Back