• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we fell out on here over the years, I pressume we did? I've fallen out with most of you over the years.......... Alas I wouldnt have wanted to have the last word this way my man. May you rest well in totally peace, 16 pages .............. it goes without saying you will be and already are missed greatly. We will all still fight the power and have our opinions as you would yours for our years that we all have left also. Above it all I never disliked you and Im sorry that you are lost to us all

Cockless x

I think we fell out on here over the years, I pressume we did? I've fallen out with most of you over the years.......... Alas I wouldnt have wanted to have the last word this way my man. May you rest well in totally peace, 16 pages .............. it goes without saying you will be and already are missed greatly. We will all still fight the power and have our opinions as you would yours for our years that we all have left also. Above it all I never disliked you and Im sorry that you are lost to us all

Cockless x

Well said Andy x

I did put this on the Cheltenham V Southend matchday thread but as it is a tribute to Harry I thought it would be more appropriate to copy and paste in here.

Colchester go bottom of league one for the 1st time in a long while, I dedicate this to Canveyshrimper because I know this would have made him laugh a lot!

Has anyone considered organising a memorial quiz night in memory, perhaps a yearly event given his love of quizes?
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

He might have done. I was thinking that yesterday when I spotted a post mentioning you, CC51DAS and Harry being on the old North Bank together. At the very least I suppose my Dad might have spoken to him on a few occasions!
James, son of John W yes? Hi, you may not remember me, Jim, I used to play football with your dad, his brother, John Whatley and others. Your dad and Harry were actually very close friends for a number of years. I believe Harry was away at the time you sadly lost you dad but he often mentioned him. Some good stories if you want to know more, have some photos of them as well which I'll dig out for you if you want to see them. Cheers for now, and well done Blues for winning for Harry. Spanked 'em!

James, son of John W yes? Hi, you may not remember me, Jim, I used to play football with your dad, his brother, John Whatley and others. Your dad and Harry were actually very close friends for a number of years. I believe Harry was away at the time you sadly lost you dad but he often mentioned him. Some good stories if you want to know more, have some photos of them as well which I'll dig out for you if you want to see them. Cheers for now, and well done Blues for winning for Harry. Spanked 'em!

Wrong James I think, fella.

Uncle Leo is the James you want.

Here's Harry's epic battle with Judith as requested.

[video=youtube;NqZyyG7zvL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqZyyG7zvL8&feature=share[/video]

Paul, I'd be tempted to put that in its own thread otherwise some people might miss it. I'm sure no-one on here is going to complain about it being on here twice.

Just managed to get on here in Lanzarote on some wifi and absolutely gutted to read this. Never met him but was a top guy around here! RIP mate x

As Ken says, I'm *that* James (John's son, Charlie's nephew). Don't get to as many games as I'd like these days thanks to the latest set of Welham twins but can still be seen down The Spread every once in a while.

Pics and stories? Bring 'em on! And I do remember you Jim!

My god i've just logged onto here after a long absence and was greeted with this shocking news.

You know that feeling when you just know you get on with someone without actually meeting them ? I felt that with Canvey in the way we responded to each others post.

I'm gutted if i'm honest :sad:

I wish all his family and friends my deepest sympathy through this difficult time.

I too have been away for a few weeks and hadn't heard the news. Never knew CS personally but always liked exchanging banter with him on the Zone. RIP to a fellow Shrimper:'(

I'm shocked, again I've been away and just logged in to see this, rip Harry :-( always seemed jovial with a wise crack and will be sorely missed top bloke from what I knew of him

Back