• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe his punishing him for playing like the Wembley game was an advert for him to show off his dribbling skills. Not seen someone hog the ball so much since kids football.

He was our best player !

Guess you are right though, shouldnt have had the confidence to run with the ball, should have given it straight to Crewe like the rest were...

I hope this is due to resting him or he has a knock, he was far better than Britt on Sunday and if he has just left him out thats another shocking decision.

I'd also rather see Tomlin than Assombalonga. Tomlin was by far our best player on Sunday.

He was our best player !

Guess you are right though, shouldnt have had the confidence to run with the ball, should have given it straight to Crewe like the rest were...

Tomlin has tallent no doubt about it. There was at least 5 occassions where he could of played someone in a better position than him a simple ball but didn't and tried taking on several Crewe players instead. If I was on the field I would of been furious with him. I expect some of them were

Tomlin has tallent no doubt about it. There was at least 5 occassions where he could of played someone in a better position than him a simple ball but didn't and tried taking on several Crewe players instead. If I was on the field I would of been furious with him. I expect some of them were

Well if you go through the post match thread most had him down as the best player on the pitch, so think you are in the minority there.

1st half he wasnt great but second half he was our biggest threat by far. Good on him for having the confidence to run at them. Confidence was what he needs and what he lacked in buckets at the beginning of the season.

I agree with Westy, Tomlin definitely took advantage of the cameras to show off his skills to potential clubs interested in him, I agree he was our best player but I doubt Brown told him to always try and get past players and to not bother passing, especially as he dribbled a few times from the corner flag into the box without even thinking about playing a cross. I'm sure he'l come on at some point, but Corr and Britt should be more than capable of doing the job.

I agree with Westy, Tomlin definitely took advantage of the cameras to show off his skills to potential clubs interested in him, I agree he was our best player but I doubt Brown told him to always try and get past players and to not bother passing, especially as he dribbled a few times from the corner flag into the box without even thinking about playing a cross. I'm sure he'l come on at some point, but Corr and Britt should be more than capable of doing the job.

Thats all that counts.

He was our best player, if fit he should be playing.

Well if you go through the post match thread most had him down as the best player on the pitch, so think you are in the minority there.

1st half he wasnt great but second half he was our biggest threat by far. Good on him for having the confidence to run at them. Confidence was what he needs and what he lacked in buckets at the beginning of the season.

Couldn't care less if in minority.

I rate Tomlin but I feel like he let the team down to promote himself.

Not to say he was the only one. Plenty others were just plain rubbish which is why Tomlin can frustrate. Guess that's why his playing at a lower level than his skills on the ball suggest.

How many times did he test the keeper?

It's true Tomlin did not have a great first half. In fact my daughter siad to me that Tomlin should be taken off at half time. I did however tell her to keep faith and he did not let me down 2nd half. Having a hand in nearly all our best chances.

Couldn't care less if in minority.

I rate Tomlin but I feel like he let the team down to promote himself.

Not to say he was the only one. Plenty others were just plain rubbish which is why Tomlin can frustrate. Guess that's why his playing at a lower level than his skills on the ball suggest.

How many times did he test the keeper?

Whilst it became abundantly clear to me that Tomlin was using the stage to put himself in the shop window (rightly or wrongly), we never looked more dangerous than when he was on the ball. Swings and roundabouts really.

What state would the game have to be in to make you want to bring Spillane or Straker off the Bench ?

Answer= Over.

Only took 6 minutes for the old Smith and should have come off his line topic to crop up. Boooring :facepalm:

Back