• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rochford Beer and Cider Festival

slapheadsteve

First XI
A lot of you will have attended what probally is the biggest event in Rochford and most of you will know
me. I am attending every home and away game this season. The one with the bald head, and talks a lot.

Its awful ordering all this beer and Organising the event!!!
19th to 23rd November is the date. We have 220 firkins of Ale (75 pints in each) and 65 firkins of cider. Plus the usual
bottles of English and Foreign Beer.
Its as usual at the Freight House Rochford. We get about 5,000 people over the five days.
With Uncle Ron lowering the prices to a fiver for the York game. Its a ideal oportunity to pop in before or after the game
to try some of the Ale or Cider and have a chat with the many Shrimpers who attend over the period of the Festival
but especially the Saturday.

Waste of "Firkin" time for me as i don't drink.
Best of luck though sounds like you have worked hard & i hope it's as successful as ever, & folks i know that attend speak very highly of the RBF.

Thanks for your kind words. Its great its appreciated by fellow Shrimpers.
A tip If your going on the Friday. Get there before 6.30 p.m.
As after that it can take over an hour, to get in.
The galsses are not being sponsored by Southend United this year (Andrews Taxis)
I know i have been asked many times. Southend Utd did pay all the spoonsorship money
in full to us. Only a little late!!
See you all at Newport tom.

The menu of the Ales and Ciders we will have available are now on our website.
seecamra.
If you want to have a look. It also shows the prices you will pay.
Remeber entry is totally free.

I haven't been for a couple of years, but I'm going on the Friday with friends from about 2pm :thumbsup: Bring on the ales!

That War of the Roses bar looks incredible. Definitely check out Get your Kicks by Kelham Island, it's fantastic.

I'll be up there after the game on Saturday for some Cider/Perry action.

I'll be up there after the game on Saturday for some Cider/Perry action.

Same here, I must remember not to try and drink my body weight in strong cider in 2 hours. The results are not good.

Pleased to see that the Billericay Brewing Co's beers will be there - heard good things about Mayflower Gold but I've yet to try it.

Pleased to see that the Billericay Brewing Co's beers will be there - heard good things about Mayflower Gold but I've yet to try it.

Mayflower Gold is lovely beer had a bottle in the brewery (well soon to be brewery) a few weeks ago. Also got Mild With No Name. Plus a beer brewed for the Festival called Ice Blue which if he gets good feedback may become his session ale when
Trevor starts brewing in Billercay. Got 4 firkins of Ice Blue so it should not run out.

All Southend Supporetrs

The legendary Watermill Wino will be serving half's and pints on some nights at the Beer Festival.
We also have the only Green coloured Ale in the country called Devils Walking Stick for you taste buds.

Back