• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Ok, need some domestic help from all you pros!

Need to quickly replace a roller blind in our spare room. I'm happy to go and buy and trim a new rollerblind from Ikea but that involves a trek to Leeds and probably buying a new drill to put the new fixings up. The actual problem with the blind is with the material. Could I just remove this from the metal pole and buy some new material for it and glue it on? Seems much cheaper and easier, and it's just a temporary fix before we properly decorate the whole room.

If you can replace the material, what do I need to buy? I don't think I've ever been in a fabric shop! Also, what kind of glue would I need to attach it to the metal pole. The current stuff feels like a plasticy material and has been glued to the pole, so it looks do-able!

Cheers

pubes

Use fairy liquid bottles,corn flake boxes,sticky back plastic and a prit stick,its threads like this that make the zone so wonderful and twunts like me that are killing it.

Ok, need some domestic help from all you pros!

Need to quickly replace a roller blind in our spare room. I'm happy to go and buy and trim a new rollerblind from Ikea but that involves a trek to Leeds and probably buying a new drill to put the new fixings up. The actual problem with the blind is with the material. Could I just remove this from the metal pole and buy some new material for it and glue it on? Seems much cheaper and easier, and it's just a temporary fix before we properly decorate the whole room.

If you can replace the material, what do I need to buy? I don't think I've ever been in a fabric shop! Also, what kind of glue would I need to attach it to the metal pole. The current stuff feels like a plasticy material and has been glued to the pole, so it looks do-able!

Cheers

pubes

Go online to somewhere like http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/
Not expensive and pretty quick.

Have you considered vertical blinds? IMO they look better and are more versatile i.e can be opened closed or tilted, very easy to fit and wont cost a fortune.

You can buy them at any DIY shop. I got some blackout blinds from Homebase a few months ago, probably Argos as well. Glueing new fabric sounds like too much of a faff.

cheers lads. I found out I live around the corner from a fabric shop, so went in their and bought some blackout material and the lady suggested sticky-back velcro to attach it. so hopefully that will be a quick fix, rather than replacing the whole thing.

Cheers Steveo, we're gonna get vertical blinds in the end, when we properly decorate.

Back