• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Update

Is Rons best or easiest move to announce the appointment of CEO, acknowledge he tried to take on too much, Action done, tick ??

Have SOS said no to the meeting?

Utterly ridiculous if so. The meeting and protest aren't mutually exclusive.

In my opinion which is worth **** all, you should strive to keep all options open.

By not attending, it leads to the obvious retort is that we opened the door to all supporters groups and sos said no.

Massive missed opportunity.

I personally think if you decide to have a protest off the back of not getting anywhere when you have had many meetings, you should stick to that protest and talk after when you have made your point via strong numbers in a protest, giving the club a chance to reflect and then you open dialogue again. In essence this is one of timing not the fact the engagement is a no go because engagement is important.
I understand completely that but again nobody is saying to do this instead of a protest. Surely we can and should do both so we can keep the pressure up from all angles to get the changes we need as a club.

If we feel the timing is too soon, that Ron tries to spring it on the group to make it easier to distract and divide, then that's a valid reason.

Have SOS said no to the meeting?

Utterly ridiculous if so. The meeting and protest aren't mutually exclusive.

In my opinion which is worth **** all, you should strive to keep all options open.

By not attending, it leads to the obvious retort is that we opened the door to all supporters groups and sos said no.

Massive missed opportunity.
Missed opportunity? It’s 1 meeting that could have been set after, that’s all no more no less

and your opinion is not worth **** all so don’t ever say that mate

Why not use the zoom to give Ron some ideas as to what the club can do in the short term ie is Phil brown being offered the job, what is pre season planning looking like so far etc. My fear is we will have another summer of turmoil because all of this and end up miles behind again like this current season. Let’s get up straight for the short term and then look at the mid to longer term once we are on a better standing

When ron had his meeting with stan for 80 mins i beleve it was a zoom meeting .When the council meets there meeting is a zoom meeting so he is doing what he is ment to do .

Ron's statement and zoom calls are pointless! You will just end up going round in circles........ action is required from ron not words!
And so here we have it- Ron no more statements or more Zoom calls/face to face meetings.
So please on Sat don’t protest for change on the subject of communication or lack of.

I understand completely that but again nobody is saying to do this instead of a protest. Surely we can and should do both so we can keep the pressure up from all angles to get the changes we need as a club.

If we feel the timing is too soon, that Ron tries to spring it on the group to make it easier to distract and divide, then that's a valid reason.
I think it’s clear to see that the timing is perfect to create division that’s what Ron does. It matters not as I said above the groups are all on the same page with protest ect....

We organised a protest on the back of going to zoom meetings that were becoming pointless, to enforce that point we have a protest and then have a meeting after. Or would you prefer just the merry go round meeting after meeting after meeting with everybody feeling helpless? Sometimes it takes a United show of strength to get the point across. Hence why all the groups support the protest and not only support but are attending as well.

How many zoom meetings did you have?

When ron had his meeting with stan for 80 mins i beleve it was a zoom meeting .When the council meets there meeting is a zoom meeting so he is doing what he is ment to do .

He must do Zoom meetings whilst at the same time not doing Zoom meetings. Does he never understand what we want.
This whole ridiculous debate is completely unnecessary and it’s not because Ron is having a Zoom meeting but because one party wants to boycott it.
Do both.

Why and by whom? You can engage and protest at the same time and tell him why.
By the messages and comments we got from those that follow what we are doing from tens of emails, phone calls. There is real anger out there, you can’t represent everyone’s view all of the time as much as I would like to.

By the messages and comments we got from those that follow what we are doing from tens of emails, phone calls. There is real anger out there, you can’t represent everyone’s view all of the time as much as I would like to.

I am not against the protest at all and appreciate the message around the urgent change required. I think there is very much unity around that.

However, in my view, what is jarring against that is the idea of boycotting a meeting that is a forum for discussion that we need more, not less, of. It’s just creating a completely unnecessary debate. And not attending merely hands the agenda and outcome to others.

i think he knows full well what the fans want .But shouting rude and abusive chant will get no where like man utd fans proved so they invaded the pitch where did that get them .Oh yes on the telly .But did the owners take notice some how i dont think they did . stand and protest by all means .But Ron needs to have dialog with .And yes he needs to bring in a CEO quickly then and only then the club maybe able to move forward .

I actually do get both sides of the argument. If you are being constantly fobbed off then maybe a new approach is needed. But I also get what Kent Blues is saying, the very thing we want, you are turning down. We don’t want Ron to use that as a future excuse for poor communication- where he blames us.

I think as long as the offer has being declined/postponed in a professional manner then there shouldn’t be an issue, as as far as I’m aware SOS don’t want Martin out. So should do everything to maintain a healthy relationship... hopefully where Ron views the fans with a little more respect.

I actually do get both sides of the argument. If you are being constantly fobbed off then maybe a new approach is needed. But I also get what Kent Blues is saying, the very thing we want, you are turning down. We don’t want Ron to use that as a future excuse for poor communication- where he blames us.

I think as long as the offer has being declined/postponed in a professional manner then there shouldn’t be an issue, as as far as I’m aware SOS don’t want Martin out. So should do everything to maintain a healthy relationship... hopefully where Ron views the fans with a little more respect.
Without doing it to death the frustration is that it’s entirely possible to do both AND at the same time to use the Zoom meeting to re-emphasise why their is a protest on Sat. To me far from imperfect the timing is ideal.

Back