• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some of what I say here might prove mighty unpopular, but here goes!
There seems to be a common theme with football chairman and the relationship with the fans.

Firstly, they are a saviour from a tyrant regime that proceeds.
For a while, all is rosy and the chairman soaks up the accolades and promises a bright future.
Time passes, and delivery seems a little way off still. A few rumbles begin and the fan base.
Longer term, little changes, just hollow promises and undelivered improvements
Then little trust both ways, chairman closes up and everyone expected the evil tyrant has returned.
Back to first point (if you're lucky)

Its happened here with Jobson taking over from Anton Johnson, then Ron taking over from Vic, and no doubt it will happen again (if we are lucky enough to find someone to take over the black hole that is a football club). We are not alone in this cycle. Col Ewe seem to go through the same as do most other clubs.

Now the unpopular bit. As long as Ron is chasing the dream, we survive; or at least we have to date. The risk comes when he loses faith in the dream becoming reality. I'm sure there is some truth in the 'better the devil you know' quote, where a change at the top is a risky period. What are the motives of someone risking personal fortune to a football club? Very few will be for the sole benefit of the club.

So, having been through the cycle before with Vic, I am reasonably happy as long as we fend off winding up orders before court, and Ron still has a dream to chase. On that basis, I am comforted by Ron's continuing drive to pull this off.
Ron has been here a long while now, and don't think we've ever been worse off than the darkest times under Vic or Anton. I do admire his persistence.
There, I said it :stunned:

So, having been through the cycle before with Vic, I am reasonably happy as long as we fend off winding up orders before court, and Ron still has a dream to chase. On that basis, I am comforted by Ron's continuing drive to pull this off.
Ron has been here a long while now, and don't think we've ever been worse off than the darkest times under Vic or Anton. I do admire his persistence.
There, I said it :stunned:

Depends how you measure "worse off". Not sure our accumulated deficit has topped £11million before.

I'm glad you take comfort from his sisyphean attempts to get the new ground off the ground, so to speak. I don't.

Depends how you measure "worse off". Not sure our accumulated deficit has topped £11million before.

I'm glad you take comfort from his sisyphean attempts to get the new ground off the ground, so to speak. I don't.

Always said Ron was destined for Hell.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

Ronnie doesnt help himself with his history of undelivered promises and some eccentric official statements but his biggest failing in my eyes is that he doesnt have the £50m-£100m needed to build a new stadium and training ground and plough money into the team. Until someone out there who does comes forward, the current situation is likely to drag on for many years to come.

Having flats close to the stadium is an s**t idea, no room to expand if we did a Swansea or Bournemouth!

Losing the one big asset the club had,the ground.Then being charged stupid amounts of money in rent,although he says he will never collect it.Mark my words,we are in a pretty dire situation financially.I would welcome a community stadium,rather than "Ronnieland".

Back