• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McScriven

The Ball Boy
WITH the Blues pre-season match against Norwich City just around the corner we are asking supporters for their help to celebrate a historic occasion.

This summer's game against the Canaries marks 50-years at Roots Hall and to celebrate the landmark we have an exciting game in store.

Ex-Premier$hite side Norwich City were the first ever opponents at the Hall back in 1955 and to help commemorate 50-years since the opening of the Blues current ground Steve Tilson's current side will face Nigel Worthington's charges.

We are currently putting together a special commemorative Matchday programme to mark the occasion and we're looking for your assistance.

We'd like supporters to email us at media@southend-united.co.uk with what Roots Hall means to them, not exceeding more than 30 words.

Also, those fans that have a special memory to share about their time spent at the Hall, whether that be their first game, when the Blues held Liverpool to a 0-0 draw in '79 or even some memories from any supporters were at the first ever match here we want to read them.

So send your articles into media@southend-united.co.uk now!

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like Roots Hall.

Good work, were you drunk? I know you mean it but still a bit extravagant maybe?

At Roots Hall 'till I die,
We'll be at Roots Hall 'till I die!

smile.gif

Westcliff Shrimper getting a call after myself, him and a few others were coming out of Salisbury caff, and asked if we could help move the stage. It was before a game against Carlisle and some bint from Steps was performing. We got on the pitch, and managed to get free beer at half time and after the match for our efforts.

That was a great day. Failing that, Roots Hall is great because it's non-smoking

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 05 2005,09:08)]Failing that, Roots Hall is great because it's non-smoking

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif

On the plus side i am starting a course of patches and yes the clubs decision has had a major effect on my decision
sad.gif

FA Cup: 10-1 v Brentwood and 9-0 v Kings Lynn - nothing else to add..

Back