• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rothmans

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
Picked up my Rothmans today (actually it is "Sky" now but what isn't!) and noticed...

1. Paul Byrne is still a Southend player
2. We had League 2's biggest crowd last season (Yeovil)
3. We had the second biggest increase in attendances over the season from the previous one.
4. There's a picture of Freddy and Juppy on page 51!

did it mention rule changes ? apparently now if a player for the attacking team infringes the rules at a penelty. play is stopped and an indirect free kick is given to the defending team
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Aug. 03 2005,21:30)]Picked up my Rothmans today (actually it is "Sky" now but what isn't!) and noticed...

1. Paul Byrne is still a Southend player
2. We had League 2's biggest crowd last season (Yeovil)
3. We had the second biggest increase in attendances over the season from the previous one.
I believe Paul Byrne's contract was cancelled by the club, but the club held onto his registration, meaning that he couldn't play for another league club without Southend transfering his registration.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 03 2005,22:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Aug. 03 2005,21:30)]Picked up my
I believe Paul Byrne's contract was cancelled by the club, but the club held onto his registration, meaning that he couldn't play for another league club without Southend transfering his registration.
Something to do with paying off his Gambling debts.. allegedly........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Aug. 03 2005,21:59)]did it mention rule changes ? apparently now if a player for the attacking team infringes the rules at a penelty. play is stopped and an indirect free kick is given to the defending team
rock.gif
That is correct - chap here in our office referees at quite a high standard and he was telling me about this last week.

Plus there is also a change in the rule for offside! I am sure Bolton will abuse this!

Should be pointed out that the indirect free-kick for penalty's only comes into force IF the kick is missed or saved.

The new offside change about all parts of the body being considered as offside apart from arms is absolute sloblock, only makes it harder for assistant referees and as an assistant myself I can look forward to a more difficult season because of this
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Aug. 04 2005,09:43)]The new offside change about all parts of the body being considered as offside apart from arms is absolute sloblock, only makes it harder for assistant referees and as an assistant myself I can look forward to a more difficult season because of this
mad.gif
In one of our Sunday league games, our referee tunred round to both teams and said he was going to stick to the off side rule that everyone knows i.e. if they're offside they're offside as opposed to worrying about various body parts, clear air etc and both teams were very happy as everyone knew what was going on!

All these 'interpretations' of the offside rule really pi$$ me off - for god's sake, when a player's offside, they're offside! Fifa are ruining the game with all these silly changes.

Didn't the FA say they were going to instruct their referee's to ignore the new Offiside Rule change & that it would operate as it did last season in terms of who is passively offisde?

Thinking about it I also seem to remember that they told referees to ignore the new 'guidelines', good job too as they just seem to muddy the offside issue even more than it is under current guidelines...

Back