• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1, Heat 12 - 1969-70 vs 2007-08

Which is your favourite kit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Cast your votes...

southend_united_1969-1970.gif

vs

southend_united_2007-2008-ej.gif

View the kits here if you can't see the images

07-08 was not our finest kit. 69-70 is pretty nice by way of a change and good retro look, but crucially, it looks far too much like Col Spew's kit for my liking.

Tough one. 07-08 was a really average kit. 69-70 is smart, but I can't be having SUFC in stripes. Will reserve my judgement for the time being.

07-08 was not our finest kit. 69-70 is pretty nice by way of a change and good retro look, but crucially, it looks far too much like Col Spew's kit for my liking.

Exactly right.

I was gonna get an old kit from TOFFS 'til I realised the only one they did was the "Col U" kit.

Exactly right.

I was gonna get an old kit from TOFFS 'til I realised the only one they did was the "Col U" kit.

My brother in law bought a Dundee toffs kit as it was exactly the same as our 68-69 one and got a badge made for it ... a suggestion for you perhaps ??

On the basis the older one is far to like a Ewes' one, I have to go for the more recent one here.

Col U wore royal blue stripes , (Similar to Huddersfield) the kit in 69-70 was Navy Stripes and was shamelessly lifted from WBA.

IIRC it was voted for by the fans as during the previous season the league decreed that our shirts were too simlar to the referees and we would have to change. We then wore 4 (?) different kits towards the end of the season with the fans voting for their favourite.
This is the kit which notched 19 goals in the first two rounds of the FA cup in 1969 , the famous Billy Best 5 Minute hatrick etc etc

it was also the first Toffs retro kit i bought, but the salesman there insisted we wore royal blue stripes so sent the wrong kit and would not refund as he was adamant I was wrong, the lack of colour pictures from the era at the time , this was around the early '90's, did not help.....

Last edited:
Touch and go this one. 2007-08 still just ahead but plenty of time for that to change.

Remember, if it's a draw I will pick one based on the arguments in this thread and Firestorm has just made a pretty good case for the stripes (even though I voted against them originally).

Back