• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

Saw them about 500m in and he was already 50m or so in front of some very good runners. Spoke to the lead cyclist at the end who was absolutely shattered ?

I am very sad to report the passing of Charlie Baynes earlier this week. Charlie was only in his early/mid sixties, he ran good time half marathon a few weeks ago. He was a long time stalwart of SAC, then SE tri club where he completed a few Iron man events, ran a lot with his daughter with LOSS. @Cricko may remember him from schooldays where he was good gymnast and sports mad.
My understanding it was a blood clot.

I'm glad York have been promoted, not only is it a new ground, a good weekend away but I also need a "Y" for my parkrun alphabet! Hope the game is not on a Tuesday night :-/

I am very sad to report the passing of Charlie Baynes earlier this week. Charlie was only in his early/mid sixties, he ran good time half marathon a few weeks ago. He was a long time stalwart of SAC, then SE tri club where he completed a few Iron man events, ran a lot with his daughter with LOSS. @Cricko may remember him from schooldays where he was good gymnast and sports mad.
This happened to a good mate of mine's wife at rroughly the same age before last October.Ironically she hadn't been anywhere near a doctor for 4 years previously.Ask not for whom the bell tolls and all that.

I’ve always done the summer series as they are good but broke my ankle at the last one in Weald last year, so giving it a miss this summer

First one cancelled seems company gone bust who ran it and administration could not find a buyer in time , watch this space

Such a shock this, and it was a blood clot which was the cause. He was an absolute gent of a man and will be missed..he only completed a half iron only last Sunday in just over 6hrs …

Did Great Baddow 10 miler yesterday…it was a tad warm….wasn’t a good day in the office for me …lack of preparation the reason
I was there Flinty, jeez wasn't it hot, the run up Beehive Lane I thought never was going to end, are you Southend Half in two weeks, if so see you there, hopefully Summer series race will be ion day before be a nice 10 k warm up, though I fear the whole series will be cancelled sadly

Thought the race was well set up with water stations and sponge points on the way to assist in that heat, was Mad Dogs and Englishmen running weather

Managed an incredibly slow 5k this morning but am really please. I actually managed 5k. Given how bad my back has been recently (my wife has warned me I'm in danger of slipping a disc) that has really pleased me.

Oh, and I took an ibuprofen when I got home too!

Managed an incredibly slow 5k this morning but am really please. I actually managed 5k. Given how bad my back has been recently (my wife has warned me I'm in danger of slipping a disc) that has really pleased me.

Oh, and I took an ibuprofen when I got home too!
Small steps LB small steps to recovery

I was there Flinty, jeez wasn't it hot, the run up Beehive Lane I thought never was going to end, are you Southend Half in two weeks, if so see you there, hopefully Summer series race will be ion day before be a nice 10 k warm up, though I fear the whole series will be cancelled sadly

Thought the race was well set up with water stations and sponge points on the way to assist in that heat, was Mad Dogs and Englishmen running weather
Beehive lane did seem never ending and constantly uphill, turned the corner to see it still going upwards !!

Im not doing Southend half nor the summer series this year, Southend Tri and Kirstie 5 are next on my race list

Back