• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallboyblue

First XI ⭐
News on Bing tonight. J Sainsbury is to scrap a giant programme of store openings as part of a dramatic overhaul.

Will this affect us? Does the move from town centre to Roots Hall come under this?

Ron Martin has missed the boat. Large supermarkets are a thing of the past. I hope he has a 'plan B' - houses/flats on RH and a smaller Sainsburys Local type store? He's been promising us development at RH for 10 years now. He can blame the financial Crisis all he likes, the fact remains he hasnt (cant ?) raise the funds yet other clubs (Bighton, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury) have completed developments. I've lost count of the number years 'in the Spring' development would start. I have zero confidence in Ron Martin ever carrying out any development of a new stadium or re-development of Roots Hall. Time to sell up Ron and admit your vanity project isnt gonna happen.

Will this affect us? Does the move from town centre to Roots Hall come under this?
I guess we'll find out this week....
The supermarket giant will this week unveil the results of a strategic review, which is expected to reveal that Sainsbury’s is reining in costs in an effort to save cash and shore up its balance sheet.

Looks like the St marys flats are being used again,council review,prospects threat .....Ron gone AWOL after late spring promise................PLAN B anyone ........its not looking good

Sainbury have not said they are scrapping all big store plans, the indications are that its the out of town developments which are the loss makers. Question is whether the Roots Hall site is considered out of town...

Be careful what you wish for... could get worse or no club at all!

That's more likely to happen with Ron in control. He has/is taking this club to the poorest state in its history. He has already gambled with our existence.

Perhaps Sainsburys are planning to build a smaller store on Roots Hall but incorporate a large online dot.com despatch centre which we are told is a growth area in retail. Just a thought.

Perhaps Sainsburys are planning to build a smaller store on Roots Hall but incorporate a large online dot.com despatch centre which we are told is a growth area in retail. Just a thought.
have you seen the size of those hub warehouses? Fossets would probably be a better site...so there ya go. Sainsbury build on FF and Roots Hall stays! :hilarious:

Sainbury have not said they are scrapping all big store plans, the indications are that its the out of town developments which are the loss makers. Question is whether the Roots Hall site is considered out of town...

Roots Hall is definitely not out of town, but that doesn't mean it won't be scrapped. The article also says that 1/3 of expected new retail space won't happen. Therefore, 2/3 will. At the moment I guess the chances of us being on the scrap heap are 33.3%.

That's more likely to happen with Ron in control. He has/is taking this club to the poorest state in its history. He has already gambled with our existence.

I take it you don't remember the Anton Johnson days then? As grim as things are at the moment, they're nowhere near as bad as that.

I take it you don't remember the Anton Johnson days then? As grim as things are at the moment, they're nowhere near as bad as that.

In those days, despite Anton Johnson's best efforts, the club had a number of tangible assets.

In those days, despite Anton Johnson's best efforts, the club had a number of tangible assets.

Which Vic Jobson took control of and mortgaged to the hilt. Things have been much worse in the past.

I do unfortunately. We have more debt now than ever and with Ron we have an owner who is happy to gamble the club's entire existance. At least Jobson knew when he was finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back