• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Salford City 3-0 Southend United

Hmmmm
Ingredients, planning, experience, .....
Proof of the pudding...
Some of the stuff makes me feel nauseas...
messing with tried and tested recipes...
it was good last time so lets have the same again....
or maybe wel be shut down for serving up unpalatable content

Incredibly disappointing evening. Overall, I actually thought we responded really well after going 1-0 down and if we’d have taken one of the two chances we created either side of half time, it could have been different. That said, from 3-0 it could have been a cricket score!

Desperately needs to be an improvement in intensity on Saturday.

Oxley - 7
A very basic error for the first goal, indefensible. However, some excellent saves to keep the score line barely respectable and dealt well with some horrific back passes from Lennon. Barely put a foot wrong sparing the goal. That said, Ox needs to get consistent, he’s a senior player and we need our limited senior players to be reliable.

Bwonomo - 5

Started ok but looks devoid of all confidence at the moment. Was at fault for the second goal; the alarming thing for me was that he didn’t even track back once the ball had been flicked past him, he just watched on and left it to Egbri and didn’t even try to get back into the box to press the ball. It’s a shame because I enjoyed his wholehearted performances last season, this year he looks a bit lost. I’d take him out for a few games, try and give him time to recapture his enthusiasm.

Ralph - 6

Always looks good on the ball, hopefully not too serious on the injury front as he’s started the season well.

Lennon - 7

Made a couple of excellent tackles, I think he’s a good player at this level. That said, some pretty horrific pass backs to Oxley that had my heart rate going!!

Dieng - 6.5

Looked comfortable on the ball, didn’t do too much wrong that I could see.

Taylor - 6

Not his best game, didn’t retain possession well, done bright spots later in the game.

Demetriou - 7.5

Good performance from JD, good distribution and ball retention too. Clearly going to be important to keep him fit.

Olayinka - 7.5

Very good on the ball, recycled possession well. Could be a good addition and offers some creativity in the middle of the pitch. His quality is evident.

Egbri - 6.5

As always, plenty of effort and showed a couple of glimpses of his creative spark. Needs to work on his end product and moving the ball quicker.

Goodship - 5

There is a player in there, but unfortunately his decision making and final ball always seem to let him down. Gets in good areas, but needs to learn to take on the shot more or commit a pass. He rarely does either and then gives away possession. Confidence looks shot to pieces, and I’d perhaps try Sterling flanked by ANG and Egbri on Saturday.

Sterling - 5
That said on Sterling, a pretty ineffective display. In his defence, a serious lack of service but he hardly created much for the team either. Irrespective of stature/style of play, if your going to be a striker you have to hold up the ball and bring others into play when playing in a front 3 and he failed to do that.

Subs:

R. Taylor - 6

Did ok, a couple of good deliveries into the box but as others have mentioned doesn’t look the most natural on the ball. I actually think he’ll turn out to be a good player in a year or two, he’s just not ready for this level on a consistent basis yet.

Hobson - 6

Not a great deal to do, did what he did have to do fairly well.

Nathaniel-George - 6
Not sure I really saw him touch the ball, but I’d lost interest a bit by then ?

Please refer to the ratings of yours that I have hi-lighted. Never in a million years could you give JD & the Arsenal loanee the same rating of 7.5

JD rarely played a forward pass and was continually looking to slow things down which suited Salford all night long. Whereas Olayinkadid try and bring some urgency to his own game with some pace and forward passes. A bad combination in the centre of the park. I would rather him play alongside Taylor and have Dieng sat as a holding midfielder.

Really, the two lads who weren't registered and weren't allowed to play in games were half-arsing it in training? I'm stunned!
Fair point. Always wondered if they were on any sort of renumeration as I doubt they turned up to B&L with Sol's blessing out of the goodness of their hearts....

Please refer to the ratings of yours that I have hi-lighted. Never in a million years could you give JD & the Arsenal loanee the same rating of 7.5

JD rarely played a forward pass and was continually looking to slow things down which suited Salford all night long. Whereas Olayinkadid try and bring some urgency to his own game with some pace and forward passes. A bad combination in the centre of the park. I would rather him play alongside Taylor and have Dieng sat as a holding midfielder.
I saw the opposite... Mad isn't it how everyone sees the games differently. I thought he went forward through the middle whenever could!
Rarely gives the ball away and gets his for in which is the role he's been asked to play.
I like JD and Taylor in the middle but do agree with you about Olay....good skills

I see that Demetriou has been credited with their third goal.

One of those select games where we have scored twice for the opposition.

Back