• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuart W

A word to the wise is enough
Ironic that despite widespread concerns about our lack of a goal scorer, Thompson became our 15th scorer so far this season (out of a total of 25). The downside to all this is that our leading scorer is Pigott with a paltry return of 5, of which only 3 are in the league.

i personally prefer this to relying on one bloke to get all the goals. obviously having both would be great but i think that spreading the goals around is better

Considering the stats for our back four last season (not sure a centre back scored for us all season?), it's great to see Barrett and Thompson adding some goals

Considering the stats for our back four last season (not sure a centre back scored for us all season?), it's great to see Barrett and Thompson adding some goals

And Thompson managed it without giving himself a long term injury during celebrations, impressive!

Having scored 20 & conceded 20, you can look at this in two ways!!

Just been promoted and doing better then most people expected(even though some of the overall performances have been shocking)

Or/If we all think as I did that this league is not so different to league 2 we will could make the playoffs will we struggle with the so called strikers at our club which are either history injury prone or shot shy!!

Brown needs to dip into the premier league youth and find a gem with pace that can lighten up Roots Hall.

Having scored 20 & conceded 20, you can look at this in two ways!!

Just been promoted and doing better then most people expected(even though some of the overall performances have been shocking)

Or/If we all think as I did that this league is not so different to league 2 we will could make the playoffs will we struggle with the so called strikers at our club which are either history injury prone or shot shy!!

Brown needs to dip into the premier league youth and find a gem with pace that can lighten up Roots Hall.

We've done the 'dipping in for prem youth bit' before. Gems are a bit scarce it seems, at least the ones we dug up weren't all that shiny.

I think we are referring to Phil, Ron, The Management and scouts gems, whose record of great goalscorers include Barnard, Weston, Coulthirst, Cassidy, Pigott, Mooney and Hunt.
Please lets not keep saying how impossible it is to find a half decent striker. If that was the case how come every other team in the lower leagues for the past 3 years has managed it? Just take a look at the leading goalscorers tables from 2012 0nwards? We are either very unlucky or extremely poor at assessing strikers. Phils latest wheeze is to lamely state that we are not being offered anything. Shouldnt we be more active than that FFS. Mind you we are keeping tabs etc etc

That's definitely one area where we've improved this season. In recent seasons we've been too reliant on Corr for goals and the midfield and defence haven't contributed enough. This season I think almost everyone in the team has scored at least once. Leonard's also got a few which he should be doing. Just need to find that 20-goal striker now!

That's definitely one area where we've improved this season. In recent seasons we've been too reliant on Corr for goals and the midfield and defence haven't contributed enough. This season I think almost everyone in the team has scored at least once. Leonard's also got a few which he should be doing. Just need to find that 20-goal striker now!

I was going to say, it would be nice to have both! Our most successful team in recent times had goals all over the pitch plus a gem in Freddy.

The defenders contributed just two goals last season, Coker's early season effort at home to Stevange and Bolger's header at home to Newport. So far this year 6. Barrett 2, and 1 each for White, Prosser, Coker and Thompson.

Prosser makes it 7 from the defence and 16 different scorers this season in all competitions with Atkinson netting his first of the campaign

So far;
Pigott 5
Mooney 4
Leonard 3
Barrett 2
Prosser 2
Payne 2
Hunt 2
Worrall 2
Wordsworth 1
Weston 1
White 1