• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scottish Independence

Scottish independence - Yes or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What amuses me about this thread is people throwing insults around like `sweaty jocks` and `Jimmy Krankie`- but they still want the Scots to stay in the union :stunned:

Just to clarify, I would like the sweaties to be gone, and for Jimmy Krankie to die in a nasty cheese grating incident.

If the majority of Scots want to leave the union then I have no problem with that at all. As someone who considers themselves English rather than British, I have no strong feelings either way for Scotland or its people. I think leaving would be a big mistake for them, but if that's what they want...

What does your passport have to say about that? :winking:

You did economics...is Scotland in any fit state from that point of view to break away from the UK?

Only at "A" level.I'll admit that the economics,especially the price of oil have changed since the 2014 referendum.There are now other arguments however.Plenty of small nations are independent countries eg Slovenia,New Zealand etc.

Since when have the Irish been entitled to a Scottish passport?

Ha! I clearly meant their own natiotional passport like the Irish.

All of them? Odd how my mother-in-law is proud of being British despite being born in Dundee.

#broadstrokes #stereotypes

So was mine although sadly died a few years ago. The SNP were a bunch of twisters and Salmond was a "bad man". She was very observant. Spent her lifetime in the jute mills. It was a hard life she always said. My wife's from Dundee. Where's yours from MK.

Imagine the furore if Juncker had turned round to us last year saying "now's not the time lads, try again later".

So was mine although sadly died a few years ago. The SNP were a bunch of twisters and Salmond was a "bad man". She was very observant. Spent her lifetime in the jute mills. It was a hard life she always said. My wife's from Dundee. Where's yours from MK.

When Dave Smith returned to his home town to manage, he found he was not accepted because he was considered a Sassenach as he had spent his football career in England

...if I was PM, i'd tell sweaty Sturgeon;

"We're gonna build a wall, and Scotland's gonna pay for it!"

You mean "Were gonna rebuild a wall ". Trump just nicked that idea off the Romans......Smart fellows, those Romans

Dundee too, though only for the first 7 years of her life.

Back