• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scunthorpe

Good! Without Fredy we should have a merry time. Also they have Billy Sharp, he is pretty good!

Just as well - with two excellent wins on the bounce, their confidence will be sky-high.

Luckily we've had an extra days rest and can bring in a slightly refreshed Gutts, Benno and Gower....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 24 2005,11:01)]Without Fredy we should have a merry time.
Nope, I don't follow you at all.

We'll have a merry old time against Scunthorpe - the side who finished two places above us in the league last season and from whom we took a whopping one point from the six available - without our leading scorer from last season...?

rock.gif

I'm struggling with the reasoning here.  I've picked up a vibe from SZ that somehow the trip to Glanford Park is perceived to be a bit of breeze, that the three points are ours for the taking.  I'm not sure I understand the logic of that when the Iron proved, on the obvious objective bases (points totals, resullts between the sides) to be better than us last season.

Am I alone in thinking that I'd be happy if we came away with a point from the long trip on Friday night?

rock.gif

Matt

I would definetely take a point, although I don't see why we shouldn't be able to sneak a win given our excellent away form over the last year or so!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 24 2005,12:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 24 2005,11:01)]Without Fredy we should have a merry time.
Nope, I don't follow you at all.

We'll have a merry old time against Scunthorpe - the side who finished two places above us in the league last season and from whom we took a whopping one point from the six available - without  our leading scorer from last season...?

rock.gif

I'm struggling with the reasoning here.  I've picked up a vibe from SZ that somehow the trip to Glanford Park is perceived to be a bit of breeze, that the three points are ours for the taking.  I'm not sure I understand the logic of that when the Iron proved, on the obvious objective bases (points totals, resullts between the sides) to be better than us last season.

Am I alone in thinking that I'd be happy if we came away with a point from the long trip on Friday night?

rock.gif

Matt
Totally agree. I think that this is a must win fixture as in theory it should be one of the easier away days this season, but in reality no away day this season will be an easy task and a point away from home against any side in this league will be much welcomed and make me very happy (providing we start winning at home that is)!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 24 2005,12:19)]Definately a must win game, if not I think questions will be asked.
Erm:

1. Did you read my post?

2. If so, please explain why this is a "must-win" game?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 24 2005,12:19)]Definately a must win game, if not I think questions will be asked.
Possibly a bit harsh....

[b said:
Can't see that myself, am i the only one who thinks Scunthorpe on a friday night is a very hard game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ Aug. 24 2005,12:30)]
[b said:
Can't see that myself, am i the only one who thinks Scunthorpe on a friday night is a very hard game.
*smacks head in disbelief*

suspect.gif

I take it you didn't read my post first, then...

oops.gif
glare.gif

The intellect on this thread is amazing ...

As young Matthew says, Scunny away on a Friday night is by no means an easy match and a boring zilch-zilch would be brilliant. When was the last time we actually won at Glandford Park?!

Surprised nobody's said this yet, but myself thinks that Scunthorpe is a tough place to go on a Friday night.

When was the last time we won there?

rock.gif

I have an impending feeling of doom about next Monday so I think we need 3 points at Scunny to offset that. It's not going to be as easy as some people make out though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 24 2005,12:46)]Surprised nobody's said this yet, but myself thinks that Scunthorpe is a tough place to go on a Friday night.

When was the last time we won there?

rock.gif
Too obvious and too late. You might have had a bite had you dipped that one in half an hour earlier.

Good effort, though.

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back