• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seaside MK-Donkeys- a match report

For what its worth here's my sixpence worth (thats old school money). I thought Gower played well and Maher of whom I count myself as a fan did not. In fact he hasn't been playing well of late is it a coincidence that neither has the team?

Gray cannot play as a target man because he doesn't or can't hold the ball up and bring in other people it's not his game. He needs the ball to run at people thats when we get the best out of him.

It's again no coincidence that we had our best spell this season with an on form and fit Goater holding the ball up and laying it off for other players.

We need a couple of signings in January to freshen things up but remember we are fifth in this league half way through the season, anybody think we would be in August? No me either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]true blue "southend forever" what a joke, a supporter is someone who supports the team. all you seem to do is criticise on here. no doubt you do this during the match as well.
I am Southend through and through is it not the sole essence of this message board to air views/worrys/compliments/complaints/praise
think you will find 'bas blue' that as soon as Maher has a decent game I WILL be one of the first to congratulate him! but to question sombodys support just because I feel and I know I am not alone, that Maher is really getting away with murder at the moment! is a bit sad that you have to questions one support of the club!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 27 2005,07:30)]personally i hope maher stays in. at least it stops true blue picking out someone else to ridicule.

true blue "southend forever" what a joke, a supporter is someone who supports the team. all you seem to do is criticise on here. no doubt you do this during the match as well.
You have no idea what you're talking about mate. He always gets behind the team, stays ages behind the games and always gives them a good send off. Doesn't mean he has to be blind to the facts that Maher is getting automatically picked despite losing form.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Dec. 27 2005,12:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 27 2005,07:30)]personally i hope maher stays in. at least it stops true blue picking out someone else to ridicule.

true blue "southend forever" what a joke, a supporter is someone who supports the team. all you seem to do is criticise on here. no doubt you do this during the match as well.
You have no idea what you're talking about mate. He always gets behind the team, stays ages behind the games and always gives them a good send off. Doesn't mean he has to be blind to the facts that Maher is getting automatically picked despite losing form.
Spot on there with the last comment... could it be that the management fear Maher?

Maher didn't have too bad a game yesterday and certainly wasn't the main reason why we drew a blank! That accolade goes to the defence launching the ball over the midfields heads and Wayne not wanting to get his new boots dirty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 27 2005,11:00)]totally agree with jupp as man of the match.
Jupp was MoTM by a country mile. For a guy who has spent so long on the sidelines his performance was immense. Tilly still needs to be taught when a substitution might have enough time to make a difference and Maher, whom I rate, needs to learn that the dinked ball into the box is a good move sometimes. Not every time!. Put Gower on the left with Petts on the right. Maher and Gutts in the middle. Lets have Cole up front with Eastwood and see his movement terrorise the opposition. On Jupp again, I feel he could make an outstanding central defender and Barrett should ply his trade in the midfield. AB is all action but too short at centre back. He would lend steel to the middle and he can pass the ball and chip in with goals.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Dec. 26 2005,18:31)]... the only thing to get a bigger cheer was the announcement of McScriv's engagement ...
Now that's the second time I've dropped my tea this evening!!

WS

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Dec. 27 2005,21:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Dec. 26 2005,18:31)]... the only thing to get a bigger cheer was the announcement of McScriv's engagement ...
Now that's the second time I've dropped my tea this evening!!

WS

wow.gif
Tea???

You on antibiotics or something Mike?

rock.gif

I'm sure half of our support are f%&king in-breds.

Freddy proved yet again why he won't be on too many manager's shopping lists next week yet he got nominated for m-o-m on here. Barrett also got nominated on here. What for ? The most obvious push in the back award ? Time and time again (and this is a regular occurence this season) he proved that against class attackers in the air he doesn't stand a chance.

Despite a dire team performance some players emerged with credit.

Jupp, added a new dimension to the right side of the pitch.
Wilson, I don't think he missed a tackle or header in the first half.
Prior, apart from one moment of madness in the second half yet another immense display and my m-o-m.

Gower and Cole blew hot and cold but I was impressed with Cole's workrate - the stamina is starting to get there.

As for the Maher knockers how can people say he had a poor game again. As usual he hit some wayward forward passes and this is where the crowd get on his back but for me he was the pick of the entire midfield of both teams. When half the people on here realise that REAL football is nothing like PS2 we might stand a fighting chance of getting some well deserved support for our Captain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 28 2005,22:44)]As for the Maher knockers how can people say he had a poor game again. As usual he hit some wayward forward passes and this is where the crowd get on his back but for me he was the pick of the entire midfield of both teams. When half the people on here realise that REAL football is nothing like PS2 we might stand a fighting chance of getting some well deserved support for our Captain.
Totally agree

Inbred as I may be, I thought Freddy did have a good game, considering the only support he had at times was Spinner or Barrett.

Never bashed Maher as far as I can recall

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 29 2005,05:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm sure half of our support are f%&king in-breds.
Everybody has their view and their right to post it but that dont give you an excuse to call people 'f%&king in-breds'
mad.gif
But calling Wiggy a c%&t is ok?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ Dec. 29 2005,08:49)]
[b said:
[b said:
Everybody has their view and their right to post it but that dont give you an excuse to call people 'f%&king in-breds'
mad.gif
The diffrence is Wiggy just blindly opens his mouth with no thought into what he/she is saying at least ORM puts 'SOME'
biggrin.gif
logical sence behind his postings!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 29 2005,12:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
mad.gif
The diffrence is Wiggy just blindly opens his mouth with no thought  into what he/she is saying.
Like you do then, when you slag off Maher?

oops.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Dec. 29 2005,14:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 29 2005,12:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
mad.gif
The diffrence is Wiggy just blindly opens his mouth with no thought into what he/she is saying.
Like you do then, when you slag off Maher?

oops.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Hills take a look in other posts what I have said about Maher after last night he was alot better then recently but still far off his best!

Back